The functionality introduced in v 9.2.1222 about suggesting recipients when writing new email is not working correctly. Quite frankly, it makes it more difficult to write emails than before. While I understand that this was a popular user demand functionality, it should be designed properly.
Right now, the suggestions made during message composition suffer from the following bugs:
- the addresses from the “sent folder” are doubled or tripled with the addresses from the address book,
- the addresses from the “sent folder” are intermixed with the addresses from the address book, without any reasonable rule on the order they are displayed with.
How the correct functionality should look like:
- never show addresses from sent, if they are present in the address book/ contacts,
- Always show address book contacts first and only after these are all shown, start showing suggestions from the sent folder,
- graphically draw a visible lines between the address book addresses and sent addresses,
- allow the user to turn off this functionality (suggest from sent) in the settings menu!
Before this buggy feature introduction, it took me few key strokes to compose an email, as it was obvious that when I start typing the recipient, I intend to send a message to my contact or maybe most used address (should be my contact if its in the address book). Right now, I need to visually search for the address I am looking for from multiple suggestions from the sent folder that don’t make any sense at this time.
Please fix this.
Please don’t make this software go bad.