Synchronization error with Nextcloud birthdays

Hello,

I use Nextcloud for cloud storage of my calendar and contacts.

However, each time I get a contact birthday reminder of Nextcloud birthday calendar and I click Dismiss (“Ausblenden” in German) I get a synchronization error (see attached picture).

What is the problem here? What can I do in order to avoid this error? Please help!

Best regards,

Stefan

1 Like

martes 12 julio 2022 :: 0754hrs (UTC +01:00)

I can not help with the issue so here is a translation for
to help English speakers.

Synchronization of folders Birthdays of contacts
The upload of the item “Dennis Matsiyevych (1988)” failed
You can delete the item locally or ignore the error. If you decide to
Ignoring errors now, an upload of the element will be attempted during the next synchronization.
The server responded with the error: Not Found.
The destination folder was cloud.vunlox.com/Geburtstage of contacts.
Action for all problems during this synch. Apply - Delete

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hello,

is there any solution for this problem?

best regards
untangler

Push topic, no one else with that problem?

The issue reported by @Stefan_Schneider is a server error.

Click the ignore button and save it somewhere else.

Really? But I don’t get any error with other caldav clients (e.g. iOS, DAVx5, Thunderbird, …).

Well, it is a misleading error. First the server says the folder can’t be found, then it says you can’t save in a folder it found. So either the folder doesn’t exist, or you can’t save to a named folder. It can’t be both. Therefor, server error.

(At least that is what the error looks like as my German is not that good)

But as far as I know you shouldn’t be able to save in that folder anyway. Did you try to save to that Birthday calendar folder in other applications?

I changed the emClient language to english and created a test contact so here are the messages in english language:

26-08-2022_20-55-40

I do not perform any save or edit operation. Just clicking “Dismiss” leads to that error.

It has been a long known issue, I’ve been running into that since I have been using eM Client, starting with version 7.

I think that thread from 2016 might be the same issue

It also has been discussed here

Yet, the proposed solution is only a bad workaround. I want to use the Nextcloud feature “Birthday Calendar” together with eM Client, just without annoyance.

Maybe eM Client pokes the Nextcloud people directly to find a solution together?

The problem is the NextCloud server says it does not recognize the path it generated.

What you can do is right-click on the birthday calendar folder and choose Properties. Then unselect the options to show reminders. That way you won’t get the reminder, therefor no error.

I get that message whenever I open eM Client.
Every. Single. Time.

Therefor, repeatedly errors.

So disable the reminders for that folder and you won’t get the error when you dismiss them.

We are looking into an option to handle read only CalDAV folders differently in a future version of eM Client.

3 Likes

Thank you. Didn’t work neither.

Before closing eM Client:

Re-opening eM Client - tadaaaaaaa:
grafik

It probably means that the reminder is already scheduled for upload.

After disabling the reminders for that folder, right-click on the folder again and choose Properties > Repair > Repair. This will delete the cache and resync it from the server. Don’t worry if the calendar initially appears empty, it will resync.

2 Likes

That did the trick.
Thank you!

Any news on this issue? Any plans to really fix RO calendars?

Sorry, but the workaround is a bit like if you go to a doctor and tell him: “My arm hurts, if I move it like that…” and he responds: “Don’t move it like that.” :wink:

1 Like

This is still very annoying. The Problem seems clear to me. The Nextcloud birthday-calendar is readonly. The birthday calendar is a auto-generated calendar which will automatically fetch the birthdays from your contacts. The only way to edit this calendar is by filing your contacts with birthday dates. The error-message from emClient told me that there is no update of data in this calendar possible. Thats true but doesnt really help.
But how can this problem be solved?
Either emClient could deaktivate the update of this calendar or there will be a link to nextcloud as internet-calendar via a *.ics file. Both is actually not possible. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

hi! as a pro user we are verifying if we could use the eM client in our company, this issue is the last thing which is blocking it. Any change that we can fix this?

Otherwhise it seems that eM client will not be our choice

Hallo, this problem can you fix with repair the birthday calendar an then disable reminder.

I hope EMC bring a solution, than this option is enable after update or a disconnect from cloud (im not sure which of the two)