Outlook/hotmail not connecting still

This problem has continued for years.
Most recent update of eM Client installed. Windows 10.
I deleted my hotmail account. I reactivated it, successfully logging in on Outlook. The wheel spun for a long time without a single email downloading. There was no entry for the folders I have created. There was no error code.
I have another account which works perfectly.
Please advise, if possible.

I notice in one of your old threads, where you had also this problem in V8.2 at that time after the automatic account setup completed and getting timeout errors, you stated you had no optional firewall installed but had Avast and PopPeeper installed.

Do you still run Avast and PopPeeper ?

If you do still run those, try “completely disabling those to test incase of interference”. Avast in particular has a “Mail Shield” enabled that can block email receiving even if you add eM Client as an allowed program.

I tried without PopPeeper and Avast. Made no difference.
I wonder if other people had the same problem.

I tried without PopPeeper and Avast. Made no difference.

Click the dropdown arrow on the right of “Refresh” top left, and click “Show Operations”.

Then click the “Log” tab and look for any obvious errors and paste them in this thread. We might then be able to see the problem.

1 Like

martes 18 junio 2024 :: 1012hrs (UTC +0100)

What is this account?

skybat

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Comcast.net It’s a pop3 account.

@Philidor

Comcast.net It’s a pop3 account

Ok so it’s not a Outlook / Hotmail account, it’s Comcast.

Comcast is known for users connecting with many different mail clients and then either eg: not downloading at all as you posted, or starting to download for a bit and then stopping randonly, even with IMAP accounts configured correctly.

What is your Comcast POP mail account “server address”, “port” and “security policy” to check that.

Also what errors do you see in the operations log.

1 Like

The problem is with the outlook/hotmail account. The Comcast account works perfectly.

If there is an error syncing with the server you will find it in Menu > Operations, then click on the Log tab.

Also be aware that MS accounts need to be setup using Menu > Accounts > Add Account, then entering the address in the automatic setup. You can’t use a manual setup.

No errors shown.
eMClient tried to sync various Outlook/Hotmail folders. The folders were not recorded, let alone synced.
So this program can reach Outlook/Hotmail successfully, but cannot do anything when it gets there.

@Philidor

The problem is with the outlook/hotmail account. The Comcast account works perfectly

No errors shown.

eMClient tried to sync various Outlook/Hotmail folders. The folders were not recorded, let alone syncedmg.

If you have no errors in the Operations log as you advised and your Outlook / Hotmail account is connecting ok but not receiving mail or synching mail folders, but your Comcast account is receiving and updating mail ok, then could be you might have some possible local mail account corruption in the local database with your Outlook / Hotmail account.

So try removing your Outlook / Hotmail account and readding it via the “Automatic account wizard” as @Gary advised in “Menu / Accounts, and make sure you “click allow” at the end of the wizard” to give eM Client access to your Microsoft Outlook / Hotmail account. Once you have added the account, click Show Operations and you should see the account synching. Wait till that is 100% completed.

Now If it then still won’t receive mail or sync your Outlook / Hotmail mail account folders, then look again in the Operations “Log tab” at the far right for any obvious errors.

If still no errors, then try uninstalling eM Client and “don’t delete the database” when asked on the uninstall wizard. Then download the latest eM Client V9.2.2258 from the release history page and reinstall the program to see if that fixes it.

Lastly if removing and readding the account and uninstalling and reinstalling the program makes no difference and no operations log tab errors, then there is something external outside of eM Client causing Outlook / Hotmail not to receive.

I’m having problems with my outlook.com account not connecting also. I have opened a thread here: Using outlook.com calendar
What caught my attention in this thread is the comment above about “click allow” at the end of the wizard. In all my attempts to set up this account, I have never seen that, so I wonder if that is part of my problem. Would it be possible to say where in the process this should appear? Maybe something is stopping before I get that far.

As we discuss in outlook calendar issue posted by @languageservicesco, the implementation of AirSync in eM does not work correctly and the support team doesn’t recognise it. They keep saying that all works fine.

If you don’t care about calendar/contacts, set up the account using automatic setup and then disable AirSync. Just yesterday, I found out that it works this way.

Of course, you lose access to people/notes/calendar, etc as the setup relies comletely on IMAP.

If you disable AirSync you won’t be able to send messages.

Since March 2023, we have been using AirSync to bypass MS server issues. See: Workaround for the sending issue via SMTP for Microsoft Outlook.com accounts | eM Client

Well, I can’t anyway.

What I just noticed is that with AirSync disabled, when I create a new email, the account does not appear in the list with the “From” accounts. Is this correct?

BlockquoteSince March 2023, we have been using AirSync to bypass MS server issues. See: Workaround for the sending issue via SMTP for Microsoft Outlook.com accounts | eM Client

Well, it doesn’t work

Yes, that is correct because AirSync is used to send messages. If you disable it, you won’t be able to send using that account.

That is even more confusing.

I thought SMTP is used to send messages in a typical IMAP confguration and AirSync syncs all the other services.

So, why do you need the smtp configuration for these accounts?

Does this mean that if I disable Airsync, then I will be able to download emails?

My understanding is that you will be able to receive (download) emails but not send.

Unfortunately, removing airsync (in Accounts) does not allow download of emails.