Incoming mail marked as "important"

Hello Jay,

I’m sorry, in that case I haven’t realized that this feature hasn’t been merged into a public version yet. It will be possible in 7.1.

Regards,
Maurice

This worked for me

Do this: Never mark it as important

YES!  @Jay Ogram, I love you, lol. 

Ok, I finally figured it out… I just set everything over 1kb to not mark as Important. 

But now we have set this filter. What happens if something comes in as marked important? If you where using this for personal usage, I guess it dose not care, but people that are using this as for a business that do get the odd email marked as Important.

I removed this irritating flag in eM Client. Here’s how: Click Menu, Click Tags. Under Mails, RightClick Important, then click Remove. Click Save & Close.

1 Like

Links for removing Gmail Important automatic tags in eM Client IMAP accounts and Automatic tagging of Gmail accounts and how to disable.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/emails-are-being-autotagged-as-important-and-i-cant-turn-it-off/79353

https://forum.emclient.com/t/how-to-manage-disable-automated-tagging-orders-social-etc/65713

I have tried everything you said in gmail and I still get every email with important. If it is Gmail, it certainly doesn’t work for me. I turned of important markers, I told it not to remember past markers. I still get important on every single email. It is extremely annoying and unnecessary.

Ok, as mentioned, for those frustrated with the new update of all emails being IMPORTANT, this works:

The next thing you can do in eM Client is turn off the “important” tag in your account settings by going to Menu > Accounts > (select your gmail account) > IMAP tab > Tags > Show Important Tag > Never

Finally! Thanks for following up on this. Still, if you have gmail setting for important turned off, EMC should follow it without telling EMAC to ignore it.

Same here. I already had the settings enabled in gmail to turn this off and every email I receive is still marked as “important” in eM Client.

Appreciate this as a temporary patch @Leftywits. But now if someone sends me something actually marked as important, I will not see the flag.

For those insisting this is a gmail setting… many of us have turned it off in gmail (settings → Inbox → Importance Markers is set to “No Markers” and it does not matter if “Don’t use my Past Actions to Predict Which Messages are Important” is checked or not)… and still every single incoming email is marked as important. Time for eM Client to dig a bit deeper into this instead of just blaming gmail, I’d say. :slight_smile:

We’re in 100% total agreement! We’ll said.

You can disable this in Menu > Accounts, then in the IMAP tab for the Gmail account.
Set the Tags option for Important to Never.

Totally agree about the gmail settings. I did those steps and it changed important from yellow to green. But doing the “temporary patch” has fixed the issue for me. Good enough. Thanks.

I’ve been having this same recent issue and had already changed the settings in Gmail as some folks insistently repeated. It didn’t used to be this way. This is the only suggestion that “solves” the problem so I guess I just have to live with it until eM Client actually fixes the issue. Thank you so much!.

Just disable the display of Important tags in the IMAP settings as I have already indicated.

The setting is there so you can choose if you want to see them or not.

:Yes, thanks, I learned that from the thread. I think the point is that I (we) never had to do that before. I made no changes to my PC or to Gmail and only recently did this step become necessary. Thanks again, though, and be well.

We always displayed them, see this screenshot from version 8.

Just we display them a little differently in version 9, but also now give you the option not to display them, which we never did before.

That make it all clear now! Thanks! Any way to revert back to version 8?

Well, version 8 doesn’t have the option to disable Important tags, but if you want to go back to 8, follow the downgrade instructions here: https://support.emclient.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/195/0/how-can-i-downgrade-back-to-em-client-8-em-client-7-or-older