I was replying in a topic about not being able to log in to Live.com emails. I tried to respond to someone and it now tells me new users are limited to 3 replies. I had already replied 7 times in that topic so this is something that’s been changed in the last few hours.
If eM Client are now getting petty about people trying to resolve a problem by comparing settings with other mail clients, I have little time for you. I have used eM Client for nearly a year now and this is the first time I have had a problem with it. However, if you are going to get silly about new users policy, it will also be the last time I use it.
This is a Discourse server restriction.
By default, all new users start out at trust level 0, meaning trust has yet to be earned. These are visitors who just created an account, and are still learning the community norms and the way our community works. New users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both ours and yours.
Users at trust level 0 cannot …
- Send personal messages to other users
- “Reply as new topic” via Link button
- Flag posts
- Post more than 1 image
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
- Mention more than 2 users in a post
- Post more than 3 topics
- Post more than 10 replies
- Edit their own posts after more than 24 hours
Once you have been on the forum for a while and progressed to level 1, some of these restrictions will be removed.
You can get to trust level 1 by…
- Entering at least 5 topics
- Reading at least 30 posts
- Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts