Is there a way to auto-clear "unread" smart folder after a mail is read?

Is there a way to auto-clear “unread” smart folder after a mail is read? For example, when you receive a mail, it appears in “Unread” smart folder. But when you press “mark as read”, it stays there until you jump to another folder and get back to “Unread” again. Is there a way to automatically remove a mail from Unread folder after marking it’s as “read”?

2 Likes

Hi Spaceman,

Unfortunately, this is not possible in eM Client and the only way is to either refresh or change the folder. I’ll change this thread to Idea.

Russel

Any progress on this? It seems quite an obvious feature. How smart is the Unread smart folder if it shows the ones that have been marked read. Also, is there at least a keyboard shortcut to refresh the view?

2 Likes

I can’t believe this still hasn’t been implemented. Such a basic missing feature. And no way to even manually refresh to clear read emails as a workaround without changing folders? It’s just a pain & I can’t believe this couldn’t be improved upon by the developers. What’s the issue?

Why is this just not possible? I’m curious…it’s so basic I find this hard to believe this is the case. Please explain further. Thanks

Could someone explain how I can make this basic ability a feature request please?

Many thanks…

Will this issue be sorted in a future release? It’s a very basic thing that read emails should automatically clear from the unread folder.

Could staff comment on this please.

To refresh the Unread folder, click on another folder, then come back to Unread.

Just adding a simple ‘refresh view’ button would solve this. It’s a pain in the a**e to have to navigate to, then away, then back to the unread folder so many times a day just to consolidate my unread emails. This is probably the most frequent thing I have to do each day…and this clumsy behaviour turns it into a real pain.

So, it’s been nearly 3 years from my question, no changes so far, even with version 8 :smiley:

1 Like

You will end up with no read messages, because as each is automatically marked as read, it disappears from the list.

Then the next one is selected automatically, marked as read and disappears, then the next one is selected automatically, marked as read and disappears, then the next one is selected automatically, marked as read and disappears,…