emClient 9 beta

Hi

Any idea when the latest beta release for mac will be, please?
I am hoping it will fix my issue.

9.0.213 is crashing on me regularly when I try to create a new email or reply to one. It seems to be an intermittent problem and can’t work out why.

I did send an email to [email protected] a couple of times but never heard back from anyone.

Thanks

I think they are investigating.
In my case, it also took some days to get replies. But all questions / issues are answered now. Just be patient. :wink:

I will wait but it was 3 weeks ago when I emailed and 2 weeks since I chased it up so I was hoping to hear back by now.

That is why I am hoping the latest beta release isn’t far away in the hope it fixes my issue.

I know its a beta and issues can be expected. I am just stuck between not having a license for 8 and not wanting to purchase one if I have to upgrade it in 2-3 months time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know what you mean. Hopefully they are answering soon… :wink:

Is there anyway to disable tag names (in my case imported from Gmail) on appearing in the mail list below the sender and subejct line?

Searching everywhere in settings for an option to disable them but can’t find it!

1 Like

I don’t know exactly, but could it be this one?

Sorry for German language… :wink:

I think this is the “Show tag folders for mail”" in English!

Sadly this only removes the tags in the left hand sidebar, not the tags that are showing up for each mail in the mail list.

Oh, yes. But I think I got it… This should be the setting for this.

Hope you can find the setting in your English version, too. :slight_smile:

I tried that previously but this isn’t it! That option simply removes the tagging option and tag label view but when viewing the contents of the email itself.

I’m talking about the 2nd column where all your emails are listed. If you have multiple tags and have 1 line configured to be displayed, the tags cut a large part of this email content off unless you widen the mailing list and overall makes everything look a bit messy.

I already have my various tags included in my favourites list eg “Family” so don’t really need the option to see all family emails state “Family” in the first line of the email below the subject line.

Maybe the option simply isnt there but this appears to be a new feature of the beta that as far as I can see can’t yet be disabled.

Right-click on the column header and choose Columns Configuration.
Remove Tag from the right column.

You can also remove the Important tags in Menu > Accounts, then in the IMAP tab for the account.

1 Like

Fair play Gary, you nailed it there!

I’m missing the “Apply Rules” under Favorites folders.

martes 25 enero 2022 :: 1649hrs (UTC +01:00)

Apply Rule will only work on individual folders within Favorites (sub folders)

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

You can get 9.0.661 from the link in this blog page:

Thanks, Gary.
Michal from EM Client emailed me to notify me earlier this afternoon.

Unfortunately, it hasn’t fixed my issue.
I’m not sure if my issue is linked to some colour tweaks I made to a theme so I am trying a basic theme for a while to see if that solves my issue. :+1:t3:

1 Like

On the “em Client v8.2” I had the menu item “Apply Rule…”
In the current beta version 9.0.790 the menu item is no longer available.

See screenshots for comparison.

em Client 8.2.1660.0

martes 25 enero 2022 :: 1955hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Samsonite

As you are using v9 Beta you should send issues to [email protected]

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Where is this light/dark icon? I only see a “add tag” icon.

@armandhammer

Where is this light/dark icon? I only see a “add tag” icon.

The light/dark icons in V9 Beta are “at the top right of the email body” below the +Tag icon.

Yeah I saw your original screenshot. My v9 beta (latest) doesn’t have the icon for dark/light toggle. I only see the date, time, and the reply drop-down. I searched the Settings for some way to turn this on, but can’t find anything.