emClient 9 beta

@armandhammer

My v9 beta (latest) doesn’t have the icon for dark/light toggle

You have to be “using the Dark Theme” in eM Client to see those options. Click “Menu / Settings”.

Ah ok, that’s a weird limitation. Seems like I should be able to apply the “dark theme for messages” to any message, regardless of what my primary theme is.

It is not needed for any of the themes “other than the dark theme” as emails view fine in all other themes. So was only implemented for peeps who use the dark theme.

1 Like

Just recognized that the beta build 790 was removed from the download site. Looks like build 599 is the latest beta release.

Should I worry if I already have build 790 installed? :confused:

I never knew there was a public release build past 9.0.599. Might have been a mistake & was removed.

It was released yesterday. I’m using an extension in Vivaldi to get notified when specific websites get updates. So I downloaded “emclient-v9.0.790.msi” and installed it. But for me, everything is working fine.
But I have to remove this build completely when I want to install build 599. So I’ll leave build 790 installed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also installed v9.0.790 yesterday and am perfectly happy with it. I was just about ready to report a bug with v9.0.599 (it kept forgetting all settings I made for the UI, esp. width of the sidebars, so I had to re-adjust those everytime I started eM Client), but with v9.0.790 everything works as expected.
So unless v9.0.790 has severe issues, I will not go back to v9.0.599.

2 Likes

No there was nothing wrong with the version 9.0.790, it was just not intended for public beta community.
There is a new beta available just now.

https://www.emclient.com/dist/v9.0.846/setup.msi

eM Client 9 Beta 2 Service Update

• Added Meetn online meeting detection
  • Added account avatar column for contacts and tasks
  • Added support for both single line and multiline addresses in mass mail variables
  • Added support for copy and paste between accounts in Tags configuration window
  • Make Move to folder Gmail server rule compatible with Gmail
  • Ask to save changes when closing Tags, Signatures and Tasks configuration windows
  • Respect zoom factor in messages opened in a separate window
  • Support for multiple tags in filter (Shift + mouse click)
  • Icon column is now Read status column
  • Fixed the bug with two search icons in the main search field
  • Fixed loading of PGP encrypted messages when Remember entered key passphrase is set to “Forever”
  • Fixed double reloading of tracking pixels
  • Fixed crash when there is no text column in datagrid
  • Fixed showing avatars in thread view
3 Likes

Thanks for clarification and the new beta @Michal_Burger. :slight_smile:

Any chance beta 9 will get a quick click to return to the top of emails? This seems to be a common feature, especially on phones.

Does the “HOME”-button not do the job? :confused:

1 Like

No. It’s not intuitive to have to use a keyboard shortcut when most other systems have a quick tap/click at the top of the email list.

Furthermore, the home button does not work unless you have an email selected down the list. If the first email is selected and you scroll down the home button does not return to the top.

Also, the email list pane must be selected for the home button to work. If you have the message pane selected the home button goes to the top of the email (as it should). There is no shortcut to bump back to the top of the email list, and I don’t see a way to add one?

3 Likes

Version 846 constantly just closes itself on Surface Pro 7 running Windows 11.

Beta testing issues: [email protected]

Probably the Windows 11 UI automation issue. This is a fault in the OS.

You can try run eM Client in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

1 Like

I like the email tracking blocking feature in V9.

https://www.emclient.com/email-tracking

5 Likes

I like that feature, too! It’s a great thing. :slight_smile:

Ups, yesterday there was v9.0.1097 available for download and I installed. Today it disappeared and v 9.0.846.0 is the latest build. Any need for me to switch back to build 846? :confused:

No, you can stay where you are until the next release.

1 Like

I thought so, but it is good to read that I was right. :slight_smile: