emClient 9 beta

Hi,
when trying to delete an eMail in any folder I get the warning, that access right are missing. Access rights for a folder when changed will allways reset to the default.
This is an normal imap account. It was never shared or had it’s access rights configured on the emClient side.

Regards, Lars

Are you able to delete that same folder in your Imap webmail account online ok ?

Sorry for the missconception. The post was about deleting emMail not folders. But yes with my webinterface, emClient 8 and The Bat! I can just normally delete emails.

Still happening with 9.0.231.0. I kept a backup of the problematic Calendar DB. Deleting the Calendar DB solves the issue.

Ok if you can delete email online in webmail ok but not eM Client, then i would suggest to remove your imap account from eM Client and re-add / setup as new and see if that fixes the problem. Maybe when the IMAP account was added into EMC the emails didn’t all sync correctly 100% somewhere. You should normally be able to delete any email from any IMAP folder or label etc.

Note:- Before removing your account from eM Client, backup first via “Menu / Backup”.

I would assume the Message is nit in regards to deleting the mail on the server. But with the upgrade to 9 Beta some thing with the rights emClient manages localy got messed up. When I check the folder settings, it shows I’m only allowed to read emails.

Wow, version 9 beta is available. I already tested version 8 beta, and so I’ll test version 9, too. :slight_smile:

Just installed the new beta and the first thing that disappoints me a bit is, that it is still not able to start “eM Client” minimized into the systray when Windows starts. I know that it is a feature request many of “eM Client” users have. So I’m sad that this feature still didn’t find its way into version 9. :frowning:

That means that I still have to use my workaround to put the shortcut for “eM Client” into the Autostart folder of Windows 11 and switch the start mode to “minimized”.

Now I will work with version 9, and I’m looking forward to it. Great job so far! :wink:

1 Like

That means that I still have to use my workaround to put the shortcut for “eM Client” into the Autostart folder of Windows 11 and switch the start mode to “minimized”.

You could alt just set in eM Client V9 Beta the “Run on system startup” & “Minimize application to tray” options, so all you have to do then is, (minimize the program) after it auto starts up in Windows.

2 Likes

But this is one step too much. I want “eM Client” to open on start up and minimize into the systray automatically. Actually, this is only possible with the help of the modified shortcut in the autostart folder. :wink:

1 Like

Yes I too would like the auto minimise on startup.

2 Likes

Has the narrow scroll bars issue been fixed in V9?

I use a custom theme - will that work in V9 or does it have to be rebuilt? My custom theme is the same as the standard Arctic theme but fixes the scroll bar issue, so if that issue is fixed in V9 I don’t need to use my custom one.

Thanks

Are you referring to the default Thin Scrollbars in some of the eM Client themes, or some other issue with the scrollbars ?.

All themes with default thin scrollbars still have same thin scrollbars in V9 Beta so you would still need to modify them (to thick) either with the builtin themes editor like V8 or manually in external editor.

Alt use your own custom theme which sounds like you already have and works good.

Yes the default scroll bars.

Question is, will the existing custom theme be carried over to V9 or does V9 require that I re-design it or reinstall it?

Question is, will the existing custom theme be carried over to V9 or does V9 require that I re-design it or reinstall it?

When V9 is officially released, if you upgrade your current V8 your existing theme should be exactly the same as i personally found with the V9 Beta.

However If for some reason it doesn’t, then you can just “re-import it again” via Import button below.

Note:- I would advise prior to any major upgrade to be on the safe side for any custom themes, to click “Advanced / Save Theme as” and copy your custom or modified theme somewhere just incase.

(eM Client V9 Beta Theme Import) screenshot.

I don’t know if you have to reimport but that shouldn’t be a problem.

If you wish to, you could send me your custom theme so I can import and test if it still works in v9. :wink:

You can download the default Modern Theme with wider scrollbars from here: https://www.emclient.com/api/themes/28/download

It is also on the page where other users have uploaded their custom themes.

3 Likes

Thanks for that link. I never knew that before. :wink:

Also I didn’t know that John‘s „the standard Arctic theme“ is the same as „the default Modern Theme“.

They are very different - my custom Arctic JM theme it is the same as the default Arctic theme but with wide scrollbars.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I can do that.

1 Like

Good advice, thanks for posting