EMC not starting properly on Windows 10

That also explaines, why sometimes eM Client closed correctly - when there was no trash to empty on shut down - and other times didn’t.

If eM Client regularly shuts down incorrectly and therefor you have a database check on start, which describes your settings best:

Please select:
  • I have empty trash on exit selected.
  • I don’t have empty trash on exit selected.
  • I have empty trash on exit selected but eM Client shuts down correctly.

0 voters

I am starting to think this is correct, I have not crashed or had any remaining processes yet today since unchecking the empty bin on exit, it might be luck…
Cheers

Re: Emptying trash on exit.

I’ve been testing constantly “emptying trash on exit” and “disabling empty trash on exit” on two different Windows 10 20H2 with EMC V8.1.876 .

One of my pcs (with empty trash on exit enabled) does close and reopen perfectly without errors.

However the other pc, has a database checking error on startup every time like clockwork if that’s enabled. As soon as I disable empty trash on exit, that pc then also opens EMC fine with no error checking on startup.

Re: Emptying trash on exit.

After another 10 mins later of re-testing my 2nd pc enabling and disabling emptying of trash on exit, and closing and reopening EMC numerous times, its now working fine on both of my pcs. Weird.

So it does appear to be some sort of glitch / bug in EMC V8.1.876 with Win 10 V20H2 with whatever it does when it automatically clears the trash on exit.

I can now confidently concur that the issue is related to the empty trash on exit being checked, 3 days have now passed with no issue since unchecking it…

2 Likes

That’s great Ryan. :smile:

1 Like

Today’s release, 8.1.965, might address this issue. It is described as having “some fixes for application shutdown”.

You can download it directly from the Release History

1 Like

With the new version the problem seems to be solved. I re-selected “empty trash on shut down” and everything works as expected.

1 Like

Having an identical issue with exiting. 75% of exits result in not being able to start until I kill emclient32 process in task manager and then wait for the 5 - 10 minute database repair check process.

Is this with the new 8.1.965 version?

I’ve been testing the new V8.1.973 and seems now to be working fine on both my two Win 10 pcs now with “Empty Trash on exit” selected and no checking for errors on startup.

1 Like