Support? Really? I don’t need to waste my time just to hear that I need to:

• Reinstall the program
  • Create new profile and spend a day on re-importing all my emails
  • Update Windows
  • Buy new computer
  • Clean my keyboard
  • Seek mental help
  • Etc.
    What I’d like to do is to file a bug report, because what is happening wit eM Client is a software bug. Do eM Client developers ever accepted the fact that such things exist?
1 Like

I may be crazy but it may even be better faster clicking on the area of the received message before you can actually see it.

This discussion is interesting, because it mirrors my experience.

I’m experiencing horrible performance on a 2017 iMac 27" with a Core i7 and 24GB of RAM. I’ve got a large database of email going back to the mid 1990’s, and Apple Mail never had issues, but while I love the functionality of eM Client, and use it on 3 computers, on the iMac where all my locally archived email resides, eM Client is an order of magnitude slower than on the other two computers.

It is to the point of taking about 5 minutes to open eM Client, and about 5 minutes to close the application. I had to turn off automatic updates on my computer, as any time it rebooted overnight to install a macOS update, eM Client would start with a corrupted database, and take several HOURS to scan and repair its database before starting.

Every other email client I have ever used stored the emails in mbox files, maildir folders or some other standardized method. Storing it in a very slow local database means that if you are on a 7200rpm spinning SATA drive like I am, it becomes unusable. Fixing to try migrating to an external SSD on a dedicated port to see how things go.

1 Like

@jfmorris

It is to the point of taking about 5 minutes to open eM Client, and about 5 minutes to close the application.

Storing it in a very slow local database means that if you are on a 7200rpm spinning SATA drive like I am, it becomes unusable. Fixing to try migrating to an external SSD on a dedicated port to see how things go.

Mechanical sata drives particularly (when the cache starts going in them) can be painfully slow with opening, closing or running any programs. I’ve experienced that on PC’s and Mac’s.

Eg: I have a 2014 Mac Mini with an Intel i5 CPU, 8gb ram and a 1TB Sata drive which was getting painfully slow opening and running eM Client with Monterey OS. So I changed it to a 2.5" fast 1TB SSD drive & it’s now running like a new Mac.

My bro also just bought a Mac Mini with an M1 CPU with 8GB of ram and a 256GB SSD drive and all his programs including eM Client latest V9.2 open and close and run really fast.

Fixing to try migrating to an external SSD on a dedicated port to see how things go.

I would recommend to use an (internal SSD drive) for the eM Client mail database if you can, as would be much faster running off the motherboard directly, otherwise you could get delays in the program through an external computer port even with an SSD drive or M2 drive in an external box.

Had to turn off automatic updates on my computer, as any time it rebooted overnight to install a macOS update, eM Client would start with a corrupted database, and take several HOURS to scan and repair its database before starting.

If you have to leave your computer on overnight for whatever reason, then suggest to close eM Client before going to bed to avoid that issue. You can allways get real-time emails on your mobile o/n.

It’s cheaper to rent a full-time PR-officer than a good software development team. But it’s still quite pathetic…

3 months have passed since my last post in this thread. Since then my eM client launch time has risen from less than a minute, to 3 minutes! During that time eM Client uses 100% of my hard drive capacity. Knowing the trend I approximate that by the end of the year I’ll have to wait 15 minutes to start an e-mail program. I’m not sure I’ll be able to cope up with my disk replacements with such rapid performance degradation. Maybe I should already invest in server class SSD RAID0 array?

Luckily all other programs such as Thunderbird, TheBat! and even Outlook can handle my email database in seconds.

1 Like

@Naureka

Luckily all other programs such as Thunderbird, TheBat! and even Outlook can handle my email database in seconds.

Support? Really? I don’t need to waste my time.

As obviously eM Client is not working out for you from your various posts above & posts on other eM Client threads, then as you also don’t want to get eM Client VIP support as per your comment above, then sounds like you will need to go back to your alternate mail clients that work for you.

I personally are sticking with eM Client as it works fine for myself and my friends.

What I’d like to do is to file a bug report, because what is happening wit eM Client is a software bug. Do eM Client developers ever accepted the fact that such things exist?

If you do want to file a bug report as you say above, then you have to login to the Pro support page and lodge a support ticket. That’s the only way to do that.

2 Likes

I am having this same problem - and it started when I upgraded to v9. I’m running the current Em software as well as current Windows software. I’m honestly wishing I hadn’t gotten the upgrade. All my e-mails are stored locally, on fast drives.

1 Like

Just updated today (2/9/23) to (9.2.1628 (a307a94)) and sent emails still take a long time to send and close.

1 Like

If the team don’t fix this problems… huge and annoying problems, honestly i will change to other program.
I don’t understand WHY isn’t this an top priority for the development team… too much users are having this problem and no solution whatsoever.
Instead of speeding up my work, it’s slowing me down and it’s not a productive tool any more.
I hate to say this but Outlook seams now a better solution…

If you haven’t tried it yet, run the installation file again and select “Repair”. It worked for me immediately. Just did it so don’t know if it will be a short-term or long-term fix, but even if only short-term it’s a fast and painless way to speed things up even if I have to do it once every few months.

Good luck -

1 Like

The “repair” did improve the loading time for me as well. It’s not great but it’s better than typing the first sentence of a reply before realizing the cursor isn’t active.

Any chance to AT LEAST get the cursor active and THEN populate the email content you’re replying to/forwarding?

Eh, nope. 2 hours later and I’m back to slow loading when replying or forwarding.

1 Like