eM Client 5.0 BETA is here!

Your use case can be much better handled with our Server Settings feature. If you have multiple licenses of eM Client, you can set settings for all your users at once on the server (using or License Manager). This include templates and signatures. These are then simply synchronized from the server the next time a client is started. You won’t even need to visit these users physically to set them their templates and signatures.

Thanks for reporting, this is now fixed.

1. fixed
  2. fixed
  3. Can you please provide a screenshot? Can you try to restart the application after upgrade? It should work for older accounts too.
  4. we’ll take a look in this

Can you provide a screenshot from your Settings->Mail->Archiving, so we can take a look. It should work as a similar function in Outlook.

We reproduced the error and fixed it. It won’t happen in final version.

settings.xml does not store real settings, it just stores when an information whether the database has to be loaded from a different location and database repairing status. Main settings are stored in the main database, so this file does not need to be backed up.

ad 3) Sorry but I already followed the procedure that I described - therefore no screenshot :frowning:
The existing GMail account settings page for IMAP still showed the old IMAP settings for special folders like e.g. “Google\Sent” directly after install of 5.0 beta. After the restart only the Google inbox was remaining in the left panel. The other folders Google\Spam; Google\Drafts etc. were gone. and the settings page was still the same as before. Only setting up a new Gmail account solved this and now evrything is properly displayed.

Sorry, I don’t remember how to install a new version and do not loose all my settings…
Is it necessary to uninstall previous?

New themes are not bad, but what is really bad is difference between read and unread mails. There is such a small diffrence. It is really anti user friendly. Unread messages are so easy to oversight !!

Please try to change with official release.

You can run the the installer to perform a upgrade. Backup your database before doing so, your settings along with all other data would be retained in the database.

I suppose the data base in C:\Documents and Settings\Utilisateur\Application Data\eM Client (windows XP).
Thanks. I’m going to.

1. Nope it doesn’t even though the database upgraded and eM restarted. However, if eM crashes and perform a database check/repair, it would than revert to new folder structure.

I also vote for an option to enable/disable this. It may be good for the new users, old eM users like me like the old way better. Maybe I just need sometime to get use to…

I reported this issue since when they introduce the feature to retain layout at beta ver.4, somehow it isn’t working fully for me too.

• Cannot assign different folder/drive to backup to or restore from. It high risk to store back-up in the same drive of the database folder.

• Does version 5 has a different number of account restriction? I tried free license with two account already and it allowing me to add more mail account.

• Not happy to see contact list no longer available on the sidebar. I was using this quite a bit. I can remember regular use address (automatic fill-in), but there’re times I need to search for it, click on the Contact tab on the nav panel is just taking too long.

My first impression is…I do not like this new beta version.
Maybe I have to use it a few days.
I have one more column, the translations is not complete (before it was).
The calendar seems better.
I choosed the classical theme.

I installed it with no previous uninstall. I just made a backup (just made a copy on an other place in the computer) of the data base without deleting it.

I have also many directorys. For example, for any account there is :
delbox, Deleted Messages, Corbeille

Yeah, it going to getting some use to to for old users. If you think it looks bad you have to see the new modern theme - it even worst. I think a lot of new design decision went to compromise Win8 with its touch friendly UI.

I fix it. The problem was in settings, item next to email address. This item doesnt look like “clickable” settings. Its not intuitive.

One question to archiving. What is happend with archive file, when i need reset the emclient (comment folder emclient in %appdata%) to reload all emails, settings. We do this sometimes, when emclient is in unconsistent state (some bugs with calendar,…). How connect archive file again? The bes will be a special file for archiving, something like another .pst file.

Now that I have used it a few hours, I do not see big differences :slight_smile: May be windows 8 users will see a different layout. I tried the modern theme, but it is too white. I tried also the new function of backup and it works :slight_smile:

I think that somebody should explain with details how to update/install a new version, because after my last update I found a lot of spam and messages which had been deleted one month ago.