eM Client 5.0 BETA is here!

Hello, how run Archivation of older messages? I setup it, but nothing hapend. Thx.

Hello!
2) and 3) are now solved and will be ready in the final release.

Thanks for reporting. It is now fixed.

Could you please describe the problem in more detail? Are you able to send/receive messages? Are you getting any error messages?

I have noticed a few other minor problems:

1. I deselected (hid) several of the Smart Folders, however, when I restarted the PC and eM, they were all displayed again. I expected it to remember my settings.

2. I don’t see the Bold folder names on folders with unread messages. I do get the little box showing the number of messages. I’m not sure if that’s a bug or an intentional design change, but I like the bold indication.

3. (Improvement) On the calendar month view, I commented earlier on the display of event times. Additionally, it would be nice if all-day events were shown more clearly. When all the times are not shown, the all-day events are not obvious. For example, Outlook and Google calendar put a box around only the all-day events.

4. (Improvement) On the custom rule actions, it would be nice to be able to set the Flag on a message based on a rule.

What is the plan for the beta evaluation – will there be additional beta releases prior to a final 5.0 release? What is the timing? Thanks for all your efforts. Overall, it’s looking very good!

Excellent!

Another bug to report:

When selecting the “category” column for the most recent (first) unread email in the “All Inboxes” view, clicking on that column erroneously brings up the “Contacts” view. This only seems to impact the first time one attempts this as after the “Contacts” view is closed and another attempt is made to select a category for that first unread email, the issue disappears. This is reproducible and repeatable.

No, i am not able to send or receive messages. The mail folders are shown up, but the messages not. There is no error message, it just says that the folder is on syncing progress

Windows 8 includes .NET Framework 4.5.

Will eM Client 5.0 work on Windows 8 with .NET Framework 4.5?

Or will it be necessary to download the older .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 and 3.0)?

It would be much more simple for users to just download, install, and run eM Client if it would work directly on Windows 8.

I have users who do not want the extra confusion of having to download the old .NET Framework and all the extra space it requires just to run eM Client.

eM Client 5.0 will work on Windows 8 with .NET Framework 4.5. Installation of any other .NET Framework won ́t be necessary.

Installation worked as expected . Some issues I found so far:

1. Emails sent to somebody as BCC only show “copied to xxxx” instead of “blind copied to xxx”.

2. If one of your contacts (e.g. Donald Duck) has two or more email accounts and you sent an email to e.g. two of theses accounts then this email is displayed with showing 2 times “Donald Duck” in the head part of the window. When mouse over the addresses name you can’t see to which email account the mail was sent.
    You need to examine the mail header to get these information

3. To use the new simplified IMAP structure in Gmail accounts you need to delete the previous account settings and then add the Gmail account to emclient again. All attempts to migrate the existing Gmail account in email client to the new structure failed.

4. The search folder keeps indicating unread messages even if there are no unread any more. The indicator disappears only after close/restart of emclient

Hello. I tested in MS Excel send the file - Send - Email. When emclient new message is opend, is attached file 56DF.tmp not the correct file like something.xls.
BUG.

I do see this with Word as well …

nice work,
but still not present feature … “REPLY WITH TEMPLATE”
i am missing this function and i reported this at version 3.0 at your support site.

We were able to simulate the issue - it should be fixed in the final release.

Thank you very much!

Hello, do you know whether you have .NET Framework 2.0 installed?
Currently we use .NET Framework 2.0 when it is available, if not, we use .NET Framework 4. This bug may be similar to what we experienced with .NET Framework 4 in some scenarios.

Hello. When i clik to Agenda (for example) - it maximalized and all other are minimalized. And i cannot open all (Contact Details, Agenda, Invitations, Chat), or two (for example Agenda and Chat) simulately. BUG ?

Mohu psát i česky :slight_smile: ?

Please…

• add Import and export mail templates and signatures (in our company we used design manual for templates and signatures and setup it manualy for 100… persons is very bad).

• add settings xml to backup file (*.dat file may be corrupted, but xml is still usefull for imap…)

thx

No that is intended behavior because we found out that most users just want to use one open box at once and the icon to open more boxes was rather confusing for most of the users. However you can still have more boxes opened at once: just resize them (use splitter between them). We are trying to simplify GUI as much as possible.
Even though we are able to respond in czech too, it is much better for other users to discuss issues in english so they can reuse the answer.