eM Client 5.0 BETA is here!

You can always look up the contacts in the “New mail” form by clicking on To/Cc/Bcc fields. We removed contacts from sidebar based on usage telemetry.

Is there any way to delete a user defined design ?

What do you mean by user defined design?

Translations will be updated prior to releasing the final version.

In settings/Designs you can copy a design (use button “Advanced”) and then it is displayed under “user defined” and there is no way to delete it - or I am too blind to see it :slight_smile:

You have 2 options how to do that:
a) press delete key
b) find the file on the disk (documents and settings//AppData/Roaming/eM Client/Templates and physically delete it.

Thanks - tried the delete key and it worked- life can be that easy … (sometimes )

I’ll wait before giving suggestions :slight_smile:

If you create a new nice custom theme and make it public to community, we would be very happy.

I’ll be happy also!

Is there any design guide about the syntax used in that design xml-files ?

You can edit the xml file in any text editor. You can use elementary color like black, white, blue or hexa color definitions #RRGGBB. For every color there is a comment that should help to find what this color mean in application. If you have a specific question, post it here on the forum.
Maybe we will create a tool to simplify a process in future.

Tip: you can immediately refresh theme with F12 shortcut in main window.

The F12 tip made my day - thanks

Am I right that when I copy one of the existing themes I will get all possible elements in the resulting xml-file ?

Yes right, that is the point. Just select the base theme (i would suggest modern or pink) save it, modify it and use it. There is nothing more anywhere else. In fact all these 3 built-in themes use just the same mechanism.

For me it’s displaying a lot of stuff that just gets in the way. If you are going to change the display to simplify the GMail folders how about looking at the show hide status in Gmail? I REALLY don’t want to see all my GMail labels all the time.

I agree. It would be very helpful to have a show/hide capability for individual folders.

Is it time to start new topics for the 5.0 evaluation? This long thread is getting hard to read, with all the embedded comments.

You can hide by right click (if I’m not wrong).

They told us:
“There are plenty of new features, check it out and let us know what you think.”

Please explain. When I right-click on a folder, I don’t get a Hide option. Just New Folder, Rename, Copy, Move, etc.