Constantly getting Red Triangle

I have used eM Client for years, and have never seen the Red Triangle! Since the last upgrade (I am on 9.2.1628), I get the Red Triangle constantly. The only way I am getting email is to use the refresh and it loads new email.

It is NOT my internet. I work from home through a VPN and my connection holds all day long. Only eM Client seems to have an issue.

I use gmail. I have 2 gmail accounts. Personal and work. My personal gmail comes through eM Client. My work email uses Outlook. Just easier to keep my work life separate from my personal life.

Point is, Outlook never has an issue connecting to gmail - I am on all day long and never a blip.

This never happened before the last update. Any ideas???

miércoles 12 abril 2023 :: 0841hrs (UTC +0100)

There have been 2 updates since your v9.2.1628
Perhaps the latest version will help - follow the link below
RELEASE HISTORY
Download & CLOSE eMC before running the update.

¡Buena suerte

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I have multiple msn & gmail accounts set up in EMC and I too have been using this for years and have never seen the red triangle till just recently. It’s near constant and usually only on the msn accounts. It is happening on 9.2.1735 as well as the previous version.

@Debbie_Mahder

I have multiple msn & gmail accounts set up in EMC and I too have been using this for years and have never seen the red triangle till just recently. It’s near constant and usually only on the msn accounts.

Have you tried already removing and readding your accounts via either the automatic email wizard setup or manual setup depending on your provider ?. If you haven’t suggest to try that.

Note: If you do remove and readd your accounts, backup first via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Operations”.

Now if removing and readding your accounts makes no difference, then could be related to some background program possibly interfering with eM Client like an eg: Optional Firewall / Security programs, Optional Antivirus program or VPN. So if you have any optional programs like that, try completely disabling them to test.

Thank you for the suggestions! I have rebooted my modem, rebooted computer, readded my accounts, made sure program is up to date, and while I have not made any changes or additions to my firewall or antivirus I will check those tonight to see if anything was updated/changed. It’s puzzling for me!

Have you tried turning off your VPN?

I don’t have a VPN, thanks.

@Debbie_Mahder

while I have not made any changes or additions to my firewall or antivirus I will check those tonight to see if anything was updated/changed.

What firewall & antivirus program do you have ?

Glasswire & Microsoft Security Essentials

@Debbie_Mahder

Glasswire & Microsoft Security Essentials

Ok Microsoft Essentials (built in OS defender firewall) normally won’t be an issue. However try “resetting defender to defaults” anyway just incase anything has changed in there.

Also completely disable Glasswire (firewall) and then close and reopen eM Client & see if it makes and difference to the red triangle problems.

If still no change, uninstall eM Client and “don’t delete the database” when asked on the uninstall wizard. Then reinstall the same or later version of eM Client from the release history page.

Lastly what version of eM Client are you running and what version of Windows are you running?

Thank you for all these suggestions! I reset defender to defaults. I disabled Glasswire and then closed & reopened eM Client and it still happens. The uninstall/reinstall I will have to do later as I need to go for now.

I am on version 9.2.1735 eM Client and Windows 7 (I know, I know but I still love it so much). This PC (and I) hated 10 and I’m getting a new PC this summer if not sooner. I do use it on a laptop but I still hate it, ha.

@Debbie_Mahder

The uninstall/reinstall I will have to do later as I need to go for now.

Hopefully the uninstall and reinstall will then fix it.

I am on version 9.2.1735 eM Client and Windows 7 (I know, I know but I still love it so much). This PC (and I) hated 10 and I’m getting a new PC this summer if not sooner. > I do use it on a laptop but I still hate it, ha.

Ah Windows 7. Very old OS now. If the uninstall and reinstall of eM Client makes no difference, then Windows 7 could be the issue as eg: might be missing stuff in the OS itself that is needed by eM Client 9.2.x to work properly.

Does your laptop have Win 10 or 11 on it ? If you do, does eM Client get the red triangles errors on that with your accounts ? Or does it work ok on your laptop.

Also what are your IMAP settings in the accounts with the red triangles. Blank out anything personal.

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know though I didn’t get to the uninstall/reinstall, today so far (fingers crossed) I haven’t seen the red triangle. I’m not sure which of the previous steps may have had an impact as I still got the red triangle yesterday after doing each one. If I continue to have them I will do the uninstall/reinstall.

I actually haven’t used my Win 10 laptop in several months and I didn’t have eM Client installed on it since I use it so infrequently.

Thank you for all your direction and help!

1 Like

Just an update - for a few days I wasn’t getting the red triangle then I did again but randomly. For over 24 hours now that’s all I’ve gotten and haven’t been able to sync my email. I looked at the logs and saw this:
“RECEIVED_LINE = TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are not supported. Please upgrade/update your client to support TLS 1.2.” so I did a forum search on TLS 1.2 and saw something about changing the settings on my account to change to “force usage of SSL/TLS” so I changed it to that and it instantly started downloading all my mail from the last day. It was previously on “use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)”

I just wanted to come back and post in case anyone else has this issue in the future.

2 Likes

Ah yes there was also (apart from the client modification to force use of SSL/TLS) the old TLS 1.0 / 1.1 in Win 7 that needs to be updated. This was link @Gary provided in the below thread for how to enable TLS 1.2 if you need it as well if you still get any errors with TLS 1.0 / 1.1 not supported.

1 Like

Bottom line, emclient just isn’t functional. On all Yahoo accounts I get the red triangle and on every device, mac, iphone, ipad, it has to reload messages for every folder, including archival. It takes forever, and also means I cannot work offline on archived email. This morning, I signed up for this site and was sent an email confirmation. It arrived almost immediately in my Apple Mail Inbox, yet it took almost 40 seconds to load in eM Client Inbox. I was so looking forward to the benefits of all the new features in eM that I paid for the upgrade, but this is not working. Did all the delete you account and reinstall, upgrade to latest, have a mac with no vpn or virus protections. The fault lies with eM.

@Onlinebuyingonly

On all Yahoo accounts I get the red triangle.

have a mac with no vpn or virus protections

On eM Client for Mac click, the dropdown on the right of refresh and click Show Operations. Then click the log tab and look for any obvious errors and paste them in this thread. We might then be able to see why you get the red triangles.

Also what version of eM Client for Mac do you have ? Al’so what Mac OS are you running ?

Thanks for your prompt response.

New iMac: 24", M1, 2021. Ventura 13.3.1 (a). 8GB RAM
eM Client: 9.2.1818 (317 bebe)

Looks like it is timing out at 1:00, see below. Also, it appears to take a long time to sync when I read and file email in the AM. I get about 50 a day and move to respective folders. It takes its time syncing when that happens. The following is a full copy of my sync log. Sorry it is so long. A little concerned that I am posting proprietary/personal information here, but I think I have redacted as appropriate. Again, thank you for your assistance.

So, it–the system–tells me new users can only include two links in a post and will not allow me to paste the log. Not knowing what a “link” is, I cannot rectify. You may be able to assist.

@Onlinebuyingonly

Looks like it is timing out at 1:00, see below. Also, it appears to take a long time to sync when I read and file email in the AM. I get about 50 a day and move to respective folders. It takes its time syncing when that happens

So, it–the system–tells me new users can only include two links in a post and will not allow me to paste the log

Ok as you cannot paste the log in this thread, and have just purchased eM Client which has support for 12 months, I would then go to the Pro support page https://support.emclient.com , and login at the top left with your registered email address and password and create a ticket with your full log and problem you are having etc.

red trangle here also.
Un-iinstalled - restarted re-instaled
It hung for several minutes. Then i loaded update Ihad 9.2—
Triangle still present
Jim /*