Problems after update

After the last update of the eM Client program, I cannot receive e-mails from the Onet.pl portal
Everything is fine on another computer before the update.

What happened?

Regards.

Updating eM Client wouldn’t normally make any difference as it keeps the same account setups.

First off if you have any eg: Optional Firewall / Security programs or Optional Antivirus programs or VPNs try completely disabling those to test incase any of those are interfering.

Failing that click “Refresh” at the top left and then go to “Menu / Show Operations” via the dropdown on the right of Refresh.

Then click on the “Log tab” far right and look for any obvious errors and paste them in this thread.

00:12:41 Okeanos [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Nie nawiązano połączenia z powodu następującego błędu:
" Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream."
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.b__0()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.ReceiveAsync(Action1 receivedItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Receive()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.ReceiveAllInternal(Boolean checkIncludeInGlobalOperations)
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAndReceiveAll(Boolean checkIncludeInGlobalOperations)
at MailClient.Program.<>c.b__277_0(Task _)
at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromTask.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Do you have Windows or Mac, and what OS version?

Also what version of eM Client are you running ?

Lastly go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your POP tab along the top. Then update this thread what Server address, Port and Security policy you have in there. Blank out any personal details.

I had the same issue with my icloud account. The program is saying connection failed, and when I try to log in its saying unauthenticated. With iCloud I have to use an app specific password., not sure if others are experiencing the same.

Had to delete the account and re add it back to the program.

I am using Windows 7 Home.

eM Client version 9.2.1577 (9f64452)

Host: pop3.poczta.onet.pl
Port - 110
Security rules - use SSL/TLS when available
I don’t have any personal information during this setup.

That’s not the problem.
I don’t connect via iCloud.

Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream

This sounds like possibly the problem in your error log.

In your Accounts POP server settings, try then changing your Security Policy to “Don’t use secure connection” as you are not using a secure port anyway with the normal Port 110.

Could be the Use SSL/TLS if available settings is now not working for some reason with your provider.

Also try the other Security policy options in your POP Account setup if you haven’t already. Could be the eg: “Use SSL/TLS on special legacy” option will work instead with the default SSL port 995 if your provider does supports SSL POP connections.

Failing that check with your mailbox provider if they have changed anything their end as far as POP authentication goes. Let them know the POP settings you have and that you are getting that transport stream error. Also let them know you are running Windows 7.

Also have you changed or updated TLS (Transport layer security) protocol ? eg: Are you using the normal TLS 1.2 or have you maybe changed to TLS 1.3 ?. As TLS 1.3 is not supported if you have updated to that ver.

Also have you changed or updated your Windows framework recently ? Could be a problem with your current framework version and you might need to update or change that.

Thanks for the help.

I changed the security policy to “Do not use secure connection” at port 110 and connected to the server :slight_smile:
This is the only option that allowed me to regain connection to the server.

However, is it safe to permanently leave this connection unencrypted?

I also wrote to the administrators of the portal where I have a mailbox, described the problem and I am also waiting for a reply.

Where can I check the TLS version on my computer? I didn’t change anything, but I will check it if you tell me where to do it.

What version of the framework should I have on my computer?

I changed the security policy to “Do not use secure connection” at port 110 and connected to the server :slight_smile:
This is the only option that allowed me to regain connection to the server.

That’s great your email is now receiving.

However, is it safe to permanently leave this connection unencrypted?

That’s fine to leave it on non secure. I used that for around 25years with multiple ISP mailboxes and never changed it. My old ISPs never supported SSL secure connections anyway. So as it’s all working, then id leave it as it is for now on that.

Yes secure SSL mailbox access is preferable these days, (if your mailbox providor supports that). They can advise you as to what port setting and security policy etc is required for POP SSL connection to their specific server if they support that.

Where can I check the TLS version on my computer? I didn’t change anything, but I will check it if you tell me where to do it

I suspect you have the default TLS 1.0 with Windows 7, but you can check if you have TLS 1.2 via the following webpage link below. Windows 7 does support TLS 2, just not TLS 3.

https://onthisveryspot.com/technology-and-computing/how-do-i-find-tls-version-in-windows/

What version of the framework should I have on my computer?

Framework 3.5 was the default in Windows 7, but there was a Windows Service pack update (SP1) to Framework 4.7.1 along time ago which you should have already anyway if you did all your normal Windows updates. You can see what version you have via the Microsoft link below.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

Hello.
Thanks for all the tips.
I checked and I have checked in the internet options and in the advanced tab “Use TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 encryption”
The administrators of the Poczta.onet.pl portal ask me if the eM Client program supports TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2?

eM Client full supports those TLS versions but they may not be enabled in your OS. TLS 1.2 for sure isn’t enabled in Windows 7 by default. This may help:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for help.
I used the link you provided, made changes to the registry and it helped!
After restarting the computer, I can now receive e-mails from the Poczta.onet.pl portal using the eM Client mail client, of which I am a licensed user.

You are great!
Thanks again and best regards.
Topic solved.

1 Like

Hi Gary,
after having change my nas to only TLS 1.3 connection, EMClient cannot see any calendar anymore.
How could I do?

Thank you
Best Regard
Sandra Chiera

You need to allow TLS 1.2.

And TLS 1.3 is not compatible with some OS versions either, so you may need to disable it. It certainly isn’t compatible with Windows 10 if that is what you are using.

Hi Gery
I’m using Win11 and TLS 1.3 is enabled