Calender reminder/notification keeps popping up even if event is from past

Hi,
on 8.2.1457 and BigSur (11.4) I keep geeting these event notifications even if this event is already done. Some of these notifications are more than weeks old. How can I make sure that is exactley this ONE notification from evetns setting?
Please note: I dont want to get rid of these notifications at all, I just dont want notifications from the past :slight_smile:
Mirco

1 Like

When you click dismiss on past or present reminder notifications using eM Client for (Windows or Mac), they shouldn’t come back again. If they are coming back, that would be a bug of some kind.

You will normally get reminder notifications (from the past) unless you are manually “dismissing” them when they appear.

You can disable (All Notifications) in eM Client Settings, but not disable only the past ones.

well. there is no dismiss option. I was expecting like wise but apparently that would be a missing thing here. thx anyways

Ok as there is “No Dismiss” button on reminder notifications in Big Sur the eM Client Devs who monitor this forum will I am sure get that fixed. Be interesting to see if other Mac peeps also have this issue.

Can you please give a screenshot the next time you see a reminder notification, where it does not have a dismiss option. It would be useful to see what you are referring to.

1 Like

well, if you don’t believe me :slight_smile: See here. this notification came up again seconds ago. look at the date, it appears to be returning for a week now…

With email notifications, I do have two options: delete and reply.

Hello Mirco.

It is not that I don’t believe you, I just didn’t know what you were asking about, not being a Mac user. :green_apple:

I believe it has something to do with the Mac OS notification api limitations, but I opened a bug report for it, so let’s see.

great thank you. Can you share the link so I can track this? as you can imagine, a full schedule causes some pain with all these notifications piling up ;(

Unfortunately the bug reporting system is internal, so you would not have access to it.

too bad. Okay, I hope to get this solved very quick!

Hi, I have started to get this problem, some reminders are from previous years.
I can dismiss the reminders, but every time I start emClient I get old reminders.
I am using the latest Windows 10 version.

1 Like

Exact same issue here. Very annoying.

I have exactly the same problem, so it doesn’t seem to be an individual case.
(Mac OS Big Sur, V11.5)

@Gary would you be so kind as to share the current status of the ticket with us?

+1, same annoying issue here. Old calender entries keep popping up when I launch eM Client, no matter how I often I click the dismiss button.

eM Client 8.2.1509
Windows 10 21H1 (19043.1081)

1 Like

I am also getting repeated notifications for past calendar events. Not only when I start eM Client, but periodically through the day as well.
Running version 8.2.1478 (856f724) on Mac Catalina 10.15.7.

As mentioned above, there are no “dismiss” buttons. I can provide additional information if that’s helpful.

+1
eM Client 8.2.1478
Mac Big Sur 11.4

I am also getting repeated notifications upon launch and throughout the day. Every 15-30 minutes I get about 20 rapid fire event notifications for past events. It’s pretty annoying and it makes the event notifications completely useless as a feature. Time to start looking at new email clients.

eM Client 8.2.1478 (856f724)
Mac OS version 11.4 (20F71) Big Sur

With which calendar provider are the events saved?

Not sure what exactly you mean. I am customer at mailbox.org, but google calender events behave the same. any solution in sight? this really starts getting very very annoying.