calendar won't update google calendar

I don’t actually need assistance.  EM client just isn’t working properly with google calendar.  And no, it is not a user error of different calendars.  I don’t know why there is a sync issue between devices/calendar/em client.  There could be more at play here than just a device issue, but it is odd that the web based entries are the only ones showing up.

It’s strange because on my web version of calendar and phone version of calendar, all entries are listed.  On EM client, only 4 out of 25 events are showing up from a single calendar for the given month.  There is no mistaking that this is an error on EM’s end and it has been happening for a long time to no avail.  Annual missing entries add up to be about equally missing.

Thus, I can’t trust EM’s calendar, professionally - so I don’t rely on it at all.  I’m mostly posting just to give a heads up about the ongoing issue.

Good try. Same calendar. Events added on Google Calendar website show up. See my earlier comment for a matrix of what works and doesn’t. Will purchase a license when the product works.

Fine WB. If you don’t need assistance, then no need to post anything further here. 

It’s a forum.  Who are  you, again?

Yes, it’s a forum for getting assistance with eM Client. 

I am me. Who are you? :wink:

Hello, Gary-the-non-mod who parades as one.  I’m a licensed user who is posting about related issues in the community support forum.

I’ll stop posting when a real mod deems it suitable. Thanks very much for the “assistance”.

No idea what a “non-mod” is so maybe a little difficult to parade as one.

But I am a user just like everyone else on this forum, if that is what you mean. If you want assistance, or not, from eM Client Inc., this is not the place to post your non-assistance comments. Better you take advantage of your VIP support option and communicate with eM Client directly. That is what I do, and they will reply usually within a day. Hopefully they can resolve you issues.

Children. Children. Let it rest.

Yes think what WB is doing is called trolling. Better to just ignore.

Mod is short for moderator.  Paul, I read through your posts.  These are the exact same issues that I am having.  These issues have been persistent for over a year with no fix from the development team.  I think you are wise to wait on a purchase of a license until this is resolved.

Do you have either of the distinctive characteristics that I noted: running a single license on multiple computers and an ancient use of Gmail?

I actually purchased separate licenses for multiple machines at my office.  I have several gmail accounts synced to EM.  You could call two of them ancient.  However, I have loaded mail history from about a decade of office emails onto the newer account.

I’m unsure if those things are related, though.

There is something different about those for whom this a problem vice those for whom it is not. What?

I personally have found since upgrading to the recent latest EM Client V8 Betas, I no longer have any Google Calendar sync problems (to or from) any of my Android mob or table devices synching to EMClient. Im running Win 10 Pc’s V1909 Build 18363.720.

I don’t run any other 3rd party firewall / security or optional antivirus programs etc. Just the built-in Windows security that comes with Win 10.

However i see in this thread there is still peeps obviously having synching problems with latest V8 Betas, then there must be some 3rd party programs interfering with EMClient that stop it synching correctly. Unknown as to what they are.

I would suggest for those who are still not getting synching to Google Calendar working correctly and have Win 10 to eg: Disable or Uninstall (any optional) firewall / security / antivirus programs etc and reboot to test and see if that makes any difference.

Failing that suggest to also disable (all background user profile related programs on startup) & reboot to test.

Then If still not syncing, create a new Windows Profile to test and see if its a problem with your current Windows profile.

Finally If still not syncing correctly, then backup everything on your PC and do a clean install of Win 10. Sometimes a clean install of Windows is the only way to get things sorted out.

Note:- If you are not confident in doing any of the above, then see a pc technican.

While these are generally useful recommendations they aren’t really applicable here. If eMC received NO updates this might apply. However as can be seen from my functionality matrix calendar updates applied via the website appear as desired in eMC.

Paul if you think your Matrix is an issue with Emclient and you are running the latest V8 Beta, then I would email [email protected] & they will advise if it’s their issue.

Not sure what “your Matrix is an issue” is supposed to mean. I will once again summarize the matrix here.

Update from Android
… Appears on Google web calendar
… Does NOT appear on eM Client calendar
Update from Google web calendar
… Appears on Android calendar
… Appears on eM Client calendar
Update from eM Client calendar
… Appears on Google web calendar
… Appears on Android calendar

Not a big user of Google Calendars, nor Android, but is it possible that the phone is creating the event in a calendar that is visible in the web interface but not in eM Client? Like maybe a second calendar?

Do you have ALL the calendars checked in eM Client? Events will not display if the particular calendar is not ticked in the left side-bar.

Were Android talking to a different calendar would eM Client updates appear on the Android calendar? I hope that I’m interpreting your comment correctly. 

I only use the web version to debug this problem.

I was thinking that there might be two calendars, both visible in the web interface and both visible in Android. But only one is visible in eM Client.

Was just an idea. :wink: