calendar won't update google calendar

That just means that there is some sync issue between eM Client and the Google Calendar. This is an age-old problem that affects some users. Simply unticking, then reticking the calendar in eM Client will resync it. Or you can right-click on the calendar and choose Properties > Repair, but I find the ticking solution much quicker.

As noted before, this didn’t work for me. “Repair” didn’t work for me. Reinstalling didn’t work for me.

There appears to be some property of items entered on Android that keeps eM Client from reading and/or processing them. I’m attaching a portion of a screen shot which shows the Google Calendar web page and eM Client calendars for January 29. The web page shows two morning events, entered on my phone, which do not show on eM Client.

Well, all these categories that are not ticked won’t display.

Tick them, the same as the top blue one, and see what happens.

Were it tickable it has been ticked but to verify , screenshot below.

Just deleted and re-added account; same result. Could you post the query you use to interrogate Google Calendar?

I’m running the latest version of BETA v8 & the gCal sync problem does finally seem to be fixed:

~ With eM Client running, gCal changes made externally show automatically within a few minutes

~ Pending gCal changes show immediately upon eM Client startup

~ Using the Refresh button will force the eM Client calendar to update immediately

So hopefully all these improvements will carry through to the production version of v8 & this issue will finally be a thing of the past…

I’m running the free version which I believe is frozen on v7. I’d be more than happy to pay the modest sign-up fee if the thing worked. Frustrating as it is so close to being the perfect tool

Anyhow I sent a query to eM asking when this Beta would be incorporated into GA. Haven’t gotten a response yet. How would I know? I’m waiting for someone to say it’s fixed in a version I can get.

Thanks for the update and thanks to eM for addressing this.

If you are happy to use a beta version, you can download it from the Release History. Maybe give that a go and see if there is any difference.

I have had a long and unhappy road with eM Client and Google Calendars. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn’t. But as with Kacit’s comments above, so far with the beta I have noticed that it is updating the calendar as expected.

Yes i too have found with the latest beta versions that my Google calendar is updating automatically as it should.

Didn’t work for me.

This is with 8.0.901?

Yes.

Received a note from Stepan Busek of eM Client with an interesting note: “I’ll check it with our Development team - but I assume that still the same restriction from Google persists, which allows 3rd side apps sync only once every 15 minutes.” I’ve got eM Client on two computers with the same accounts. Could this be causing this problem as well as the (v7) problem I’ve been having with it hanging?

It just means that if you set the sync interval to less than 15 minutes, eM Client will ignore it and maintain a minimum interval of 15 minutes on that computer for Google Calendars and Contacts. That is for receiving changes from the server. If you make a change or add an event or contact in eM Client, it will be immediately uploaded to the Google.

Clicking Refresh will ignore the sync interval and immediately sync with the server.

" If you make a change or add an event or contact in eM Client, it will be immediately uploaded to the Google. Clicking Refresh will ignore the sync interval and immediately sync with the server."

Neither worked for me

just tested to add and delete a few entries in calender within 2 minutes and everything worked fine in V7 and V8 (beta)

Were these edits done from a 3rd party such as Android telephone?

both. First entry in Android phone, then deleted in emClient, then viceversa

My calendar has never and still doesn’t work properly with google calendar.  Android based entries never appear.  EM, this hasn’t been working for far too long and is pretty much a joke at this point.

V7.23xxxx Pro Lifetime

Yet it seems to work fine for others, at least at the latest Beta.  I’ve been looking at what might make me “different” and wonder if any of these apply to you.

I run the same free license on two computers. I no that Google restricts frequent updates from 3rd party apps. Could these be colliding or in some way upsetting Google?

My GMail account dates from the earliest dates, back when you had to be “invited” to sign up and when having a gmail address had cachet.

There is SOMETHING different about us; what?

Paul

WB, if the events you create using another device never show up in eM Client, then it most likely means the two devices are not using the same calendar, or that calendar is not select to display in eM Client even though it is connecting to the account.

As a Pro License user, it would be better for you to open a support ticket directly with eM Client. They will be able to assist you further.