Annoying "Password Required. Server says Unauthorized" pop-up box.

Hi Noeleen,

what do you mean with “I have been using wise stamp for my signature”?

What is a ‘wise stamp’?

By the way, you can add and specify signatures under Tools --> Settings --> Mail --> Templates and signatures.

See screen shot:

Hi, I am sorry for delayed answer, but could you please answer question from user Hans? (I would ask the same). Unless you are not experiencing your issue anymore.

Jan

Wise stamp is a signature download add on that gives a professional edge to my e mails. you can get it for free or pay a premium. I have the free version on my thunderbird but cant get it on my e m client

Hi, we do not support add ons in eM Client, it is not possible to make it work.

Jan

I also got the same problem.

Hi, what email service provider do you use? Were you able to authenticate without problem before or are you having this issue since beginning?

Jan

Hi. I’m using Yahoo. It worked fine the first week, but the last two weeks it’s been asking for password all the time.

I am getting this password authorization problem and will not go away. any more tricks to try

Hi, do you have this issue since you have added your account or it was working before?

Jan

I am having this same issue. I want to use this program - but only if I can get it to function properly. With many folks having the same issue - why is there no clear answer?

Hi, what email provider and protocol do you use?

Jan

Seems to me this should be a very simple solution. Make the “Show windows when error occurs” selection really work. Then you could REALLY turn the malfunctioning message off…

This is not best solution, it can help to get rid of the messages, but you never know if cause of that issue is not serious.

Jan

Hello, I just installed EM Client 6.0.19861.0 on a clean PC today.

I am getting that error discussed above and keep getting this annoying popup.

I have made the changes suggested by Mr Galis and these errors still are appearing. I would like to note that I can send out mail with no errors but when I receive I instantly receive these errors. Additionally, I have ran the diagnostics tab under accounts, then diagnostics and get green check marks.

The system is pulling my messages sometimes but are leaving them on the pop 3 server.

The address given to my by frontier communications for incoming POP 3 is pop3.frontier.com outgoing, smtp.frontier.com

Jan, that’s right. However, with that error message popping up randomly once per hour (with no obvious side effects) EMClient is very annoying. So it might be at least a good temporary solution until the “real error” was found. By the way, any news from the logs I sent one month ago?

Hi, could you tell me your port and security policy settings from Tools - Accounts - your account - POP3 tab?

Jan

Hello Mr Galis,

The settings are as follows, IMAP port 993, host pop3.frontier.com, security policy use SSL/TLS on legacy port.

I ran diagnostics again and I get the capture below showing everything is working fine.

I have version 6.0.19861.0
Same “Server says ‘unauthorized’” popup as everyone else…randomly, not with every synchonization.
The account that fails is my Yahoo account. I have two gmail accounts and they work fine. The yahoo account is a paid account, so-called ‘premium’, so it uses imap on port 993.

The diagnostics tag for this account shows no problems.

This just started happening last week (Feb 27, 2014).

Above says “Solved”, but not for me. You say no problem with Outlook, however the pop up just started today after working fine for weeks. I turned off error box, but authorization still comes up.? What to do? I don’t want to lose numerous emails or contacts. Russell

Hi Jan,
I took another closer look at that issue.
What I found out so far: I only get this popup when I enable “Download messages for offline use” for the whole account. if I enable this only for “Inbox”, “Sent” & “Trash” everything works fine. The error message appears whenever EmClient tries to sync some other folders of that exchange account (e.g. Journal, Notes). Perhaps this helps with the logs to find the issue? Any news?

And no, I do not want to use EmClient’s exchange implementation to access that exchange account, as EmClient does not support email flagging for this one.