Annoying "Password Required. Server says Unauthorized" pop-up box.

Sounded promising, but just to note, I actually don’t have that option enabled for any accounts, and still get the popup…

OK, now I also got this error message again, but at least it is far less frequent with this setup.

Hi,
this issue has been reported in the past by many users, here’s the official response from developers. (https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…)

“The Yahoo! CalDAV and CardDAV APIs (ie. calendar and contacts) intermittently respond with “401 invalid username/password” for all requests. We have described the error and reported it, but there’s not much we can do about it. It seems that we can at least recognize these responses from true “Unauthorized” errors with wrong username and/or password. If we don’t receive a response we will implement a workaround.”

…if you turn off the calendar service for your account the issue should be solved.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

The Calendar has an “Enable Service” checkbox to shut it off, but not the contacts. What is the best way to disable the Contacts? Blank out the CardDAV url?

Incidentally, I have always had the Calendar disabled and still received the popup…

Hi,
you should be seeing the “Enable service” checkbox in both Calendar and Contacts tab under your account settings.

If you’re not, can you please provide a screenshot of the missing checkbox?

Just go to Tools > Accounts > your Yahoo account > Contacts tab and scroll down and uncheck the checkbox (if it’s there), save the settings and that should do.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks…embarassing mistake…needed to scroll to see it.

Mr McGregor,

The steps you listed worked and are now not getting any errors.

Many thanks.

Agreed. So far, so good for past two hours! Thank you.

Worked for me too. At long last. Very simple solution

Sad to see this Topic as “solved” again, because it is still not solved here.
Enabling “download for offline use” for the whole account helps here to reduce the number of popups, but I still get them like 5-10 times per day.

So I do not consider this solved!
Any news from the logs I sent in 2 months ago?
Thanks

Hi,
I’m sorry to hear this, but the solution wasn’t to turn on downloading for offline use but disabling the calendar and contacts service for the problematic yahoo account.

Can you please do that and check if it solves the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

I am not using a yahoo account at all. The problem is not related only to yahoo accounts, please see above!

And based on my personal experience, the frequency of this error message is at least a little bit lower DISABLING “download for offline use” for the whole account, but rather enable it only for inbox and sent. the account I am using is a corporate email on an exchange server. And I have to use imap access as the exchange protocol of Em Client does not support flagging emails for Exchange older than 2013. (Which is crazy, because Exchange 2013 is the least used server to date).

Hi,
I found a message about you not wanting to use exchange account implementation because it does not support flagging? It should support flagging for all versions of exchange at the moment, so if that’s still your current statement can you maybe give it a try - maybe that would solve the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Sorry for the inconvenience didn’t notice other users had the issue with different mail services.

Hi!
Thanks for the prompt reply,
I just tried it and it is still not working correctly with Exchange 2010.
Found out something very interesting during this test, will report it in the appropiate thread, please take a look there and see if this helps to solve the exchange flagging problem:
https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Thanks
Ruediger

Hi again,
solution for this issue seems quite simple and I can’t believe we haven’t found it sooner.
If you receive the popup “unauthorized” window, just delete the @yahoo.com domain from the username and check the “save password” option.

The issue should be solved by this and you should be able to use your Calendar and Contacts again as well.

Thank you for your input on this issue and sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.