Yahoo mail downloading attachments: super slow

Slow as molasses: downloading attachments.

As I write this, I’m still waiting (5+ minutes) for eM Client to download a 5MB attachment from Yahoo via smtp. The green bar is going as slow as a turtle and it says “preparing”

I have a 1GB internet connection and when I go my Yahoo Mail via website, download is instant.
Screenshot 2022-08-21 000312

I’m going to bump this. More than a year later and many updates this issue is yet unresolved.

What’s up folks? I don’t have this issue if use POP or SMTP via Gmail to access Yahoo mail. So it seems it’s an issue with eM Client only.

This is a Yahoo speed issue. However there is a way you can speed up attachments downloading.

See @Gary post on the following thread.

Thanks. It didn’t help. I already had --imap-messages-in-drafts-folder-are-drafts in the advanced settings. I copied over to notepad and replaced it with --imap-sync-messages-raw.

I should add that PDFs (typically) don’t have this issue, only images.

And as I mentioned, I remain skeptical this is a Yahoo issue since it doesn’t occur on any other email client (mobile or web based, like Gmail or Outlook) when using the imap or smtp configuration to receive and send email for Yahoo.

And as I mentioned, I remain skeptical this is a Yahoo issue since it doesn’t occur on any other email client (mobile or web based, like Gmail or Outlook) when using the imap or smtp configuration to receive and send email for Yahoo.

Web based mail client downloading is completely different. You cannot compare.

It may be a slow connection to the server, or just a slow server.

There is something you can try though. It won’t speed up the connection or server, but it will cache messages and attachments when they arrive so when you later click on them, they should open immediately.

Go to Menu > Accounts and click on the IMAP tab for the account. Scroll down to Sync Options, tick both of them, and click on Save & Close.

This is from another of your posts, where I see you don’t have the options ticked.