Wrong conversation

Hi, I am sending scanned documents to my email inbox. The attachmend is named with numbers, but the sender is the same. EM Client out of sudden starts combining this with other emails to a converstation. Can I split this or “Un-Converstation” this? Best - Armin

1 Like

Can I split this or “Un-Converstation” this

If you are wanting to separate a message from a conversation see @Gary post from the following thread.

@Gary post from the above thread.

This can be done manually.

You will need to export the message from eM Client and delete the original. Then edit the exported file, removing the headers that make it part of the conversation. Save it, and import it back into eM Client

But that won’t always work, because another message in the conversation may be referencing this one, so that means you will also need to change the message ID of the exported message. This can have consequences that you might not expect, and you could also end up with a totally corrupt message if you don’t know what you are doing.

And this will also break encrypted or digitally signed messages.

It is not advised.

Why not just leave the message in the conversation it belongs to.

The attachmend is named with numbers, but the sender is the same.

Suggestion maybe try renaming the scanned attachment before emailing it to your inbox ? :thinking: