How to exclude one message from conversation?

I use conversations in all views.

Quite often I need to exclude one or several messages from conversation:

How to do that? It is very important for me.

It would be great to add this feature in eM Client.

P.S.
Maybe I can do it via editing of database file? What field do I have to find? Conversation ID or something else?

1 Like

I know you can eg: delete a message out of a conversation thread in eM Client V9 by (right clicking) on the (specific message) in the conversation thread if you no longer need that message or email part of the conversation if that helps you at all.

So you are not deleting the entire message thread in the conversation, just what u want to out of it.

I want message to stay in eM Client but as separate message (not in conversation group). In other words I need not to delete message.

Ok you can also completely disable conversation view to separate all the messages in that conversation, but otherwise that’s all I know.

“Menu > View > Conversations > Disable Conversations”

Or via eM Client Settings.

“Menu / Tools / Settings” at the top left. Then click Mail / Read / Conversations and select “Disable Conversations” as per screenshot below. Finally click “apply and ok”.

EM Client blog Support on Conversations.

https://www.emclient.com/blog/conversations-188

(Extract from above page)

So, if you want to reply, forward, delete or otherwise “modify a specific older message” from a conversation, “click the small arrow on the right side of the email header” and choose from the actions available for this message.

This is the only way to deal with specific emails when you have several messages under one selected conversation.

This is the only way to deal with specific emails when you have several messages under one selected conversation. Gmail uses the same system, so we did not want to introduce a different, unique way to avoid confusion.

Unfortunately it is not a solution for my problem.
I do love conversation view, but sometimes it works the way I don’t expect to.
Thus it would be very useful if there is a way to exclude one or several messages from conversation manually

Thus it would be very useful if there is a way to exclude one or several messages from conversation manually

Sounds like you want alot more than the current program in conversations and threads will do.

Sry I don’t do much at all with conversations and threads as just stick mainly with regular non conversation mode in many home it projects of my own as well as testing eM Client V9 for windows for other peeps and friends when it’s released every year as I like the program compared to the older Outlook clients which are so limited these days in modern work places.

Ps Hopefully other forum users maybe able to assist you further on this conversation issue.

This can be done manually.

You will need to export the message from eM Client and delete the original. Then edit the exported file, removing the headers that make it part of the conversation. Save it, and import it back into eM Client

But that won’t always work, because another message in the conversation may be referencing this one, so that means you will also need to change the message ID of the exported message. This can have consequences that you might not expect, and you could also end up with a totally corrupt message if you don’t know what you are doing.

And this will also break encrypted or digitally signed messages.

It is not advised.

Why not just leave the message in the conversation it belongs to?

1 Like