Windows 11 update

Are we playing the numbers game? I was the escalated support /liasion for 3000 users operating between software giants and state support desks.

I work until I’m exhausted, I save regularly, but I don’t shut down what I’m working on until it’s finished. emClient ran 24/7 without issue under Windows 10.

1 Like

I don’t want my clients using Windows 11 yet, but you are in it, so too late. I don’t have your patience. If the program crashed on me once a month I’d be out of it. Perhaps Thunderbird? The other option, like @cyberzork says, is to try and figure out what other program is running, like an antivirus, which is causing the conflict. But one of those programs, emclient or the other one, has to be abandoned.

I usually have a OS-canary (sort of like a code monkey) who jumps before I do, however I received my new Dell notebook with Windows 11 pre-installed. Everything else, including my Ulead legacy apps, is working fine.

I tried compatibility mode and it’s increased the crash rate. I keep offering to load v9 beta, my only other alternative is to re-install emClient on my Win10 notebook. Which, since I get a lot of press releases and such, won’t work with my very active program-swapping.

Off-topic – if you haven’t tried NoteTab Pro, and do a lot of coding/binary file work, check it out. I practically live in it.

Nope. Don’t do that much coding. Use Notepad++ for my editor and it is fine. I spend my life in Joplin, then next in Scrivener. So very little coding anymore. However my notepad++ does have about 20 tabs open!

I had the same problem. Running Emclient in windows8 compatible seemed to have solved it.

It seems Microsoft finally addressed the issue and its latest insider built of Windows 11 has resolved the crashes in automation code. The problem is we don’t know how quickly will MS roll out this update to public. If you are interested in a way how to install the insider built of Windows 11 to resolve this issue, let us know.

1 Like

I found the compatibility settings made the problems worse, however I am an insider, so I will test the build and report back.

eM Client crashes often all off a sudden in windows 11

Hello,
also I am facing that problem with emClient under Windows 11. Turn on the Windows 8 compatibility for emClient ant the crashes will go away.

Apparently the new official Microsoft Windows 11 (22H2) Sun Valley update is due later this year (but still no exact date yet) which is a major insider update which apparently fixes any issues with crashing eM Client “without compatible mode” enabled as @Michal_Burger (eM Client support) said above in this thread, where some Win 11 eM Client users are still having problems with the Win 11 Automation code working with eM Client V8 & 9, but not others.

Hi, I’ve just installed em Client to access my gmail. I’m running windows 11. Essentially I can’t do anything without it crashing. Try to add an account - crash. Press reply all - crash. I saw a recommendation to run in compatibility mode for windows 8, but the crashes still occur. Any ideas?

You can do your gmail from a browser and also other email as well until the problem is fixed by either Microsoft or EM Client

1 Like

This issue is already fixed by Microsoft in a recent Insider Developer Preview.

1 Like

You are not 100% accurate in what you say as it is not a proper fix by release of Microsoft and only Insider because the inside release is not a general release and you have need to join program to use upgrade that has not a official release day yet, so what you say is only a temporary situation until full release later this year sometime as Michal_Burger say. So for some problem will be still there.

Danke guten Tag
Torsten

If you are not happy with the way Microsoft provides fixes for their bugs, it would be better for you to contact them about that.

In my case, it increased the problems. And took time to find out how to set the compatibility and even more time to find out how to reverse it.

I found build 22591 seems to have settled the problem. release 220408_1503.

I’ve got 3 questions based on other replies in this thread:

• Why is this just a problem in em Client - every other piece of software I have works fine.
  • If this is unique to windows 11, why doesn’t running it in compatibility mode fix it?
  • If it’s due to the automation code, why does em Client still crash when I’ve upgraded to the Insider Developer Preview which fixes the automation code?

@richstanton

• Why is this just a problem in em Client - every other piece of software I have works fine.

No one would know the answer to that question. The only way to know is that you would need to send in “eM Client loggs to be examined”. If you are a current EMC Pro customer suggest to do that via a support ticket to determine why it happens for you.

• If this is unique to windows 11, why doesn’t running it in compatibility mode fix it?

Running in Win 8 Compatibility mode does work for many users. Sry it doesn’t work for you.

• If it’s due to the automation code, why does em Client still crash when I’ve upgraded to the Insider Developer Preview which fixes the automation code?

Could be you may have other optional installed software that’s conflicting with eM Client.

Have you tried a “Clean install of Windows 11”.

Add me to the list - even with compatibility mode

so How do you actually tell if any software conflicts? every other piece of software including other email clients such as mailbird, postbox, outlook do not crash on the same install.

i love emclient but especially when having to pay either a large sum or pay for individual releases and no matter how much people defend the software, it is kind of a big deal, and how many people have switched without complaining, not to mention the crash reports they are probably being inundated wtih

for me it seems to crash on a clean install while gmail is syncing