Will not work while vpn is used

eM Client v8.0.2951 will not work when I have my vpn on. It used to work prior to this update. Please fix this issue as well as all the other bugs and etc that this update has.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. It started after the V8 update. Have you had any luck resolving the issue?

no I have not. this is the worst update ever!

I can confirm the problem, eM Client runs very unreliable with VPN services. Short deactivation of the VPN allows to download the mails.
I have now tested all VPN settings, without success.

At times I have to move to another VPN server. May happen once a day, other days never. I find that it is hard to tell whether it is eMC or the VPN server or my email host.

EM Client not not working with VPN’s enabled.

There is many articles on the internet where alot of differant email clients including Outlook, Thunderbird etc don’t work with VPN’s enabled. I would speak to your VPN provider to get advise on what to do.

lunes 21 septiembre 2020 :: 1508hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi Earl

If EMC doesn’t work for you with a VPN then maybe you are using the wrong one.

I use a VPN - ‘HideAway’ from Firetrust in New Zealand:

https://www.firetust.com

I’ve never had any problems with EMC or any other program I rarely disconnect;
the only time I do is if I am on a site that requires Country compliance.
You can give it a free trial and unlike other VPN it is instant ON/OFF plus
trials indicate a connection speed increase.

No, I don’t work for them or have any hidden agenda other than that I’ve been
using their Mailwasher Pro since 2005, a world leader with millions of users,
I can’t remember the last time I received any SPAM or Phishing emails.
I think they’re a great company to deal with, and amazing products.

I’ve been using their VPN since it was introduced and have never looked back.

¥Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

I am on corporate VPN (cannot chose another).
Its a “nogo” for emClient because it is simply cannot connect to POP3 server while on VPN.
I gmail is working (through browser) then emClient should work too.

No, these are two very different protocols. Your VPN is not blocking HTTP, so the web site works.

But your VPN is blocking the POP3 port. Best to ask your IT department to unblock that for you.

I’m puzzled that a company that builds such a fine email client tries to deflect its problem with VPNs. I have 3 different email clients (other than eM Client), and they all work with the VPNs I have. Only eM doesn’t work, and when I turn off the VPNs, it works fine. Why are they avoiding the issue?

1 Like

Curiosity question
 does your VPN allow you to change servers?

Segunda-feira, 22 de novembro de 2021 :: 2102 (UTC -01: 00)

Hi @Bob31

As I stated lunes 21 septiembre 2020 in this Post I do NOT have any problem using a VPN with eMC - now or ever. Or for that matter, any other program that I run
I use Hideaway from:

I note that all those who complain have NOT named the VPN they are using, why?

I do NOT believe that eMC has a problem connecting via a VPN, perhaps it is the VPN that has an issue.

ÂĄSaludos desde la soleada Sal Rei, Boa Vista en Cabo Verde!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

An odd attack. NordVPN, ProtonVPN, expressVPN. OK?

lunes 23 noviembre 2021 :: 1906hrs (UTC +01:00)
lunes 23 noviembre 2021 :: 1906hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Bob31

Perhaps my use of English is too direct.
You should try Hideaway with a free trial and have your problems solved.
It is also the fasted VPN, this is the tests that I have every day.
It is also very fast; my running total tests.

hideawy_speed

¥Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I thought advertising was prohibited in this forum. This forum has been useless.

1 Like

miércoles 24 noviembre 2021 :: 1138hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Bob31

If you think the Forum is useless then why do you participate?
If you need an answer to a particular problem; raise a ticket.
What advertizing do you refer to?

¥Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!

Skybat
[email protected]

@Bob31

You never bothered to respond but subsequently I see you are/were using NordVPN. Why did you turn NordVPN off rather than changing servers. That VPN works just fine for me but at times a server will become problematic and require a change.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m also having this issue still and it’s really bad. NordVPN will never work on it, no matter the protocol or even adding split tunneling (which barely works).

NordVPN works well for me, using U.S. servers and current version of eMC.
I assume you read what I posted immediately prior to your post

More info about your setup, errors, O/S platform, eMC version as well as NordVPN information may shine a light

And what NordVON support has to say about your problem

I have the same problem. Outlook works fine, it’s just eM Client that doesn’t work with my VPN (Surfshark). A workaround that appears to work is that I went to Surfshark settings and used the “bypass” function. It allows you to select application(s) which you DON’T want to be routed via the VPN. It’s a sub-optimum solution, as it means my email traffic will be less safe, but at least it allows me to work with my mail while on VPN. Depending on your VPN, you might have a similar function.

Still, the problem very clearly is on eM Client’s side, not the VPN.