Smtp error showing

I have this issue. Every time I run the emclient, it shows this error. I can receive (inbox is loading with emails) but I cannot send anything. Antivirus & Firewall are off.

Thank you so much.

Typically when you can receive but not send, then it is some security application/hardware that is blocking the connection.

As a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try again.
Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

Nope, nothing works.

It’s funny, as a few days ago, at home I had the same problem for the first time and I switched off the firewall and Antivirus, and it worked.

Today I brought the laptop to work and nothing helps. Francky, don’t know what else I can switch off…

1 Like

I’m having similar problems here. Whilst either one of my VPN dedicated IP addresses is running I cannot send. With same VPN provider’s other servers or no VPN I can send fine. No changes here, problem just began from one minute to the next. Before that both dedicated IP addresses were fine for sending.

I guess there is no answer to my problem above…

1. Antivirus disabled completely
  2. Firewall disabled completely
  3. Em client reinstalled.
  4. Account deleted and added manually again.
  5. 3-rd party app (EM Client) allowed successfully to Gmail exception list
  6. Installed mailbird (just to see the difference), everything works perfectly fine. So I’d say it is not a google issue.

What else can I do?

@rafikiphoto

Whilst either one of my VPN dedicated IP addresses is running I cannot send. With same VPN provider’s other servers or no VPN I can send fine.

VPNs are renowned for problems with using most email clients including eM Client unless you are very lucky. This is due to the nature of the IP addresses changing & VPN servers etc. I normally don’t recommend using them to avoid issues, but if you want to use one see this EMC thread where one user @skybat uses Hideaway from Firetrust which apparently works fine with eM Client.

(Will not work when VPN is used)

@whitesmoke

I guess there is no answer to my problem above…
Antivirus disabled completely
Firewall disabled completely
Em client reinstalled.
Account deleted and added manually again.
3-rd party app (EM Client) allowed successfully to Gmail exception list

As @Gary advised above SMTP sending problems is usually something running delaying or interfering with the outgoing mail.

So as you have the correct Gmail smtp settings, and have already disabled your Antivirus program, Firewall, VPN too (if u have one) and uninstalled and reinstalled eM Client, Removed and re-added your acct & Rebooted your router, I would next try (disabling all background tasks) other than the basic OS on startup and reboot to test.

Hi,

Thanks. These are dedicated IP addresses so don’t change. I have not had any problems with them until now. The same VPN provider accessing their general servers in whichever location I choose all work as expected. It’s just these two fixed IP addresses I have trouble with.

@rafikiphoto

It’s just these two fixed IP addresses I have trouble with.

I would then get onto whoever looks after those 2 fixed IP address’s. There server guys will need to unblock them for you to allow email access.