Why does it seems I am only downloading the Windows Store version?

I downloaded the email app straight from the website, yet for some reason it seems that the app seems to think it is downloaded from the app store.

When I enter my license it says that the Windows Store App doesn’t recognize the license… yet I didn’t download the app from the store.

What exactly is going on here? Why can’t I download the non-store app, even from the website here?

That is not the MS Store app. There is nowhere to enter a license key in the MS Store app.

If you have both versions installed, uninstall the MS Store version.

If the license key is not accepted, maybe you don’t have the complete key. You can get it resent to you from the lost activation key page.

I have uninstalled ALL versions of the application. Reinstalled the application from the website and it tells me the same thing.

Can you give a screenshot?

The MS Store app doesn’t have a license section in the Help Menu, so it is not possible to enter a license key.

I know it doesn’t have a license section… my version does, and it thinks it’s the MS version for some reason.

You have both versions installed. If you want to use the MS Store version, you will need to purchase a monthly subscription from Microsoft. If you don’t want to use, uninstall it.

You uninstall the MS store version, not from the Control Panel, but by right-click on the app in the Start Menu. MS Store apps are not listed in the Control Panel.

I was showing you the version I had on the computer, not that I uninstalled it that way.

Yes, you have both versions installed.

The version that uses our license is displayed in the Control Panel. The MS Store version is not displayed in the Control Panel.

You will need to uninstall the MS Store version by right-click on it in the Start Menu and choose Uninstall. If it opens the Control Panel, then that is not the MS Store version. Right-click on the other eM Client icon in the Start menu instead.

Side note, when I go to uninstall the application itself using the right-click it brings me to the Programs and Features window anyway, so yes, that seems to be the only way it allows me to uninstall it using your way.

That is not the Start Menu icon for the MS Store version.

Right-click on the other eM Client icon in the Start Menu and choose Uninstall.

That’s the point of this entire thing, I downloaded the installer from the website and it installed the MS App version.

No, that is not possible. You can only install the MS Store version using the Store app installed on your device.

If you don’t want to use the MS Store version, uninstall it.

That is not the MS Store app. That is the app from our website.

That is not the MS Store app. The MS Store app is version 9.2.2054.

That’s the point I never downloaded the Windows App version from their store, only the website version… but yet… I get the eM Client for MS Store window pop up and run telling me I can’t use the license.

I enter the license in the version I downloaded, but the Windows App version shows up and tells me the license doesn’t work on the MS Store version. I will upload a video if I can.