Very Slow on Send

@Gary , it seems like the Recipients History setting has shown to be a fix for this slow on send issue as recommended by you. Is there going to be a fix for this in the 9.1 release?

Continuing the discussion from Very Slow on Send:

This problem started with the latest upgrade. There is a reason why eMC is getting the same complaint over and over. I have not deliberately added an antivirus, firewall or VPN. I try hard to avoid most antivirus programs for that reason.

Did you disable the Recipients History?
What is the result?

Yes, there is a fix for this in 9.1

So when is V 9.1 going to be available? Seems like a lot of unhappy campers here. I’m one of them.

Disabling Recipients History worked for me as well.

I’m seeing this too, since updating to eMC 9. Prior versions were fine, would send immediately.

It’s not the SMTP server or IMAP server. Only the client changed.

It’s a real pain having to wait 30s after hitting send, during which time the interface is unresponsive, and looks like it’s just frozen.

Did you disable the Recipients History?

there wasn’t anything exactly called that, but there was something under recipients history that I disabled.

I also get a black square show up on the screen a couple of times when sending. Like it’s trying to paint some window with no content.

FWIW, i too turned off the diagnostic logs AND LOST ALL MY FOLDERS. Thank god i’d backed them, up, but at first eMclient wouldn’t even start - and then I got an error message. i of course gave it my email but have heard nothing since. my computer consultant restored them. i shouldn’t have to pay for your bugs, eMclient. please do something about this lag!

The updated eM Client V9.1.2053 for Windows and Mac just came out today via the version history page which should fix this problem you are having. So suggest to update to that.

Note:- If you do upgrade, backup first via “Menu / Backup” and you can see when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”.

Lastly close eM Client before upgrading.

(eM Client Version History page)
https://www.emclient.com/release-history

1. Yes
  2. MBIT = Mbps
  3. Antivirus software is to prevent dumb people that click on the wrong thing, it serves no purpose for people intelligent enough to avoid viruses. In 20+ years of not running an antivirus I have been infected 3 times, every single time it was infected media from someone dumb enough to click on the wrong things. If people drink the Kool Aid im sure they believe the antivirus they are paying some insane subscription fee for is actually working. As someone who used to write them for fun I can explain just how easily they avoid detection when done right. Antivirus is 99% placebo.
  4. Sure is, I keep all my systems clean and secure.
  5. Obviously. What they tend not to do is not show up anywhere on the system except when you click the send button in eMclient itself. So unless its some special virus targeting only sent mail on eMclient, I am feeling like its not a virus issue
  6. I am sorry you couldn’t follow my statements, but that doesn’t make them any less accurate.

Blaming a user or a virus for an issue dozens of people have experienced as evidenced by the threads on this forum is the easiest and laziest response to it.

Software companies that blame users for issues tend to not be successful in the long run.

By your logic if 95 out of 100 users have a good experience you should just say screw off to the 5 with issues? Nowhere did i make a blanket claim about everyone having this issue, I stated that after the number of reports of this specific issue dating back over 2 years, the issue should be properly addressed by the company, not just having someone on the forum blame the user every time. Looking at the other responses, this is very obviously not a 1 off issue.

Your statement about many more people not coming to the forum with issues is a pretty big red herring. People without issues have no reason to come to the forum to ‘report their satisfaction’. The forums are specifically where users post the issues they are having, of which there are a number the sync up with the issue im also experiencing.

The balance of probability suggests there is probably buggy code somewhere causing users that meet a specific criteria to experience the slowdown, and the balance of probability also suggests we were not all infected by the same virus that is causing the slow down.

Thanks for playing.

-G

Hallo @fanatic26

I can say what I say in past about anti-virus and you reason not to use, you and your system give danger to other people.
Am now confirming 1 year experince and rest of time do same thing and learn not more. It is not for play - tÀuschen!

viernes 12 agosto 2022 :: 0808hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @fanatic26

Eres muy selectivo en tus respuestas e ignoras elementos importantes que quizĂĄs no puedas disputar.
Como dije antes, no estoy de acuerdo contigo en lo de antivirus y creo que tu opiniĂłn es egoĂ­sta sin consideraciĂłn por los demĂĄs.
No tengo nada mĂĄs que decir, no soy como dices jugando, lo digo en serio.
Tal vez deberías volver a leer lo que te dice @tmax, hablo alemån y entiendo exactamente el comentario final que hace ( tÀuschen ), no se traduce correctamente con Google, Bing o Yandex por el contexto idimåtico.

ÂĄBuena suerte!

¥Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.