Version 6.0.22313.0 Just updated

Hello Jeremy, if you’re using an IMAP account all your items should be safely stored on your mail server and thus you should not be forced to move the items from one setup account to another.

You should be able to confirm this by simply re-setting up the account in eM Client, if your items are synchronized you can safely remove the second account that has been setup using eM Client in the past.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused to Virgin Media account users, however note that this issue is caused by the new OAuth implementation on Google’s servers, Google has decided to shutdown support for regular password authentication that has been pin pointed as “less secure” in the past, it is unfortunately no longer possible to authenticate with some of the Google’s services using the common password, Virgin Media unfortunately doesn’t include this option as we believe these partner apps powered by the Gmail’s backend may be a subject of change in near future - either the service will be shutdown or new features may be introduced separately.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Paul,

I have now created new accounts for the two VM email accounts that I use and they work fine. I also like having each account in it’s own sub-folder but with a combined view where required.

However the old accounts emails just went into a general inbox folder and I cannot see any way of sorting it by account so that I can move the old emails for each old account to the relevant new account subfolder. Do you know if this is possible? Failing that I will just leave them where they are, disable the old accounts and enable the new ones so new emails go into the new subfolders and old ones stay where they are. Thanks 

Not completely sure if I follow, each account that is added to eM Client, should have it’s own separate folder tree created in the left pane, with a small exception of a POP3 account where you specifically select to use “Local folders” rather than create a separate folder structure.

You can use smart folders that collect your email from your special folders and use these virtual folders to manage your email for all your accounts. Or you can simply navigate to a single account’s inbox in the left pane and use the selected folder.

Using the “messages on bottom” layout you should also be able to view an enlarged columns options in the list of received emails that you can reconfigure and base your email sorting on the account that received the message, to select which columns you’d like to display, right click any of the current columns and select “Columns configuration…”

Hope this helps.

Thanks Paul, I wasn’t aware of the “messages on bottom” view providing more sorting options. My VM POP3 accounts were set up to use a local folder but using the columns config you mentioned I was able to add a “To” column and sort by that which is just what I needed. Problem solved. Thanks again for your assistance.

Hello again Jeremy, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.