Upgrading not available

When I check for an upgade to 10 I see the following:

Not sure why…

Looking at Sleekplan the PDF viewer which is the most highly requested feature has not been added but AI integration, which is close to the bottom of requests has been added.

What are the killer features of version 10 that are making people upgrade? I cannot see any user reviews which might suggest it is better to wait for when the next release.

Does the new version crash less often?

Thomas

lunes 15 julio 2024 :: 1100hrs (UTC +0100)

I believe the upgrade is made available on a staggered basis.
If you want it now go to: https://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

You can read about eMC v10 here: eM Client 10 has been released! | eM Client

Whether to upgrade now or later is of course your choice.

I have updated on one of my laptops with no crashes and I can not remember the last time I had a crash with v9.* but it was virtually never.

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Thanks skybat!

I think I will hold off until the next first service release in case of any bugs.

I am a little surprised that there is no ongoing discussion in the forum about the new release. I would expectb all manner of comments, praise and criticism by now.

I am a little surprised that there is no ongoing discussion in the forum about the new release. I would expect all manner of comments, praise and criticism by now.

I and my friends have been running the official V10 latest release 10.0.3125 on Pc (Win 11) and Mac (Sonoma) since the 9th of July and “its rock steady with all our IMAP accounts”. No issues at all. Recommend it. I personally don’t get any crashes.

Note:- the only thing i’ve really noticed on the forum with upgrading to V10 “is the new Categories tabs” and how to work them, but other than that all seems pretty good in general with V10.

Ps I personally think V10 “has been the smoothest upgrade compared to V9” where there was alot of patches and updates that had to be done. So well done to the eM Client team on V10.

We push the automatic updates gradually and quite slowly. There is a very good reason for that. We are then able to address issues and handle support very quickly. In contrary if we push the update for millions of users at once, it would be very difficult to handle it. So for “early adopters” please install the version 10 manually, it is pretty stable as it was in a beta stage for a very long time.

PDF Preview IS included in version 10.

Looks like Sleekplan needs updating

To clarify, the request on Sleekplan says to add a real pdf previewer. The current one could be helpful in some situations, but its completely different from what the request is for.

This was either added by individual requests via email, or eMC just decided to add it. To be fair, eMC almost had to add it to keep up with the AI hype. I really hope that people aren’t using it to craft emails. I much dislike reading AI generated text. AI can be great for some uses. I just don’t think it belongs in an email client.

This has been removed for some reason. I believe it was the top voted request, and it wasn’t added. Not sure what the problem is here. Can the emClient team please fix it?
https://emclient.sleekplan.app/feedback/133647

@Thos

To clarify, the request on Sleekplan says to add a real pdf previewer

Do you mean you want a PDF “Reader” built-in ?

As @Michal_Burger advised above there is already a PDF Previewer built-in to V10", which seemed to be what was in that Sleekplan url request was for, unless I’m missing something.

As Windows and Mac already have heaps of PDF free readers you can use including Chrome and Edge Browsers and Acrobat reader etc, it wouldn’t make business sense to program another reader.

2 Likes

If you’ve ever used outlook, you have probably seen it. It’s much different from what eMc has. It previews the document in the full body area of the email. (Instantly) For this reason, we are not promoting this email client to our users. Once our users realize this feature is missing, they want to go back to outlook

That wouldn’t really be then a pdf preview and is then more like a eg: full open reader window.

Can you not just open the pdf with your default reader if you need to see it larger than the preview?

For this reason, we are not promoting this email client to our users

Seems a bit rough that you wouldn’t promote eM Client to your users just due to just this reason.

Ps All my friends who used Outlook for business for years, are now using eM Client and are happy with the new V10 pdf preview window size as in @Gary example window below from the following thread.

Again, maybe you haven’t used outlook, but the experience is completely different. Its much faster, and there’s no moving from one app to another.

Also, it was the most upvoted on sleekplan feature before it was removed, so the evidence is there.

After several ask to go back to outlook, there’s no point in trying to push something else onto people.

Yes i’ve used every version of Outlook since it was invented. And i prefer eM Client to Outlook. In my view its a far better mail client and i see nothing wrong with the eM Client preview.

1 Like