PDF Preview option - Feature request

Hello all :wave:t5:

My company has quite a few users testing eM Client. The biggest problem is that there is no PDF previewer. This may be a dealbreaker for us. I know there are other threads on here with requests for it, but apparently eM Client doesn’t care to even respond to feature requests. If this is how the company operates, we may want to look elsewhere for an email client.

2 Likes

Coming in version 10. (ETA not yet available)

1 Like

Does it only show on hover, or can you click on it and keep it there after you’ve clicked on another application?

Does it only show on hover, or can you click on it and keep it there after you’ve clicked on another application?

I would imagine it will operate eg: similar to the current eM Client thumbnail attachment hover and that “like most other email PDF Preview programs when you hover over them”, “if you then move your mouse to another application”, the preview will normally disappear within a sec later “unless your mouse pointer is at the same xy attachment location or still hovered over the attachment location area” when you switched back to eM Client.

Right, and effectively making the preview pretty much useless.

It seems like the creators of such email applications don’t actually use them to deal with PDFs. Outlook has done it correctly for many years already. Clicking on the attachment should make it fill up the body area of the email. That way you can reply to the email quickly while looking at the preview, without bothering to open the PDF in a separate program.

1 Like

I guess you will then just have to wait and see when eM Client 10 is released to see how it operates and then give feedback on it.

Surely its not that hard to jump on a forum & answer simple questions :smile: :person_shrugging: With the direction outlook is heading, I might be looking at buying 30-40 licenses.

The lack of a pdf preview option like Outlook has is almost a dealbreaker for me as well. The rest of the program is great but being forced to open a pdf on another program every time is a super pain. Outlook has had this for years and it works great. I don’t like the direction Outlook is taking but this is important enough to me that I will seriously consider both options before I officially switch to EM Client. If EM Client had a pdf preview option like Outlook has then I would switch in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

martes 24 octubre 2023 :: 2002hrs (UTC +0100)

Concerning the release date of eMC v10

The following is an extract from an email sent to one of our clients concerning eMC Upgrades

On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 13:58, Juraj Micek wrote:
Lifetime upgrades can be added to your license at any time later via Buy lifetime upgrades | Get all updates | eM Client so you have enough time to make the decision.
Version 10 is about to be released in 6 months from now.
In case you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Juraj Micek
Technical Sales

skybat

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Is it possible to get on the beta channel to get updates sooner and give feedback?

@ejbiker93ss

Is it possible to get on the beta channel to get updates sooner and give feedback

Beta versions of eM Client “are normally announced for users to test” via the official blog website as was V9 Beta previously. So suggest to keep an eye on that webpage to then test.

(eM Client blog)

https://www.emclient.com/blog

Also when Beta eM Client for desktop versions are released, they are normally updated on the Release history page. So keep an eye on that page too.

(eM Client release history page)

https://www.emclient.com/release-history

jueves 26 octubre 2023 :: 1242hrs (UTC +0100)

Personally If I do decide to run v10 Beta when it is available I will run it on a test computer and keep v9 completely separate.

skybat

[email protected]

1 Like

Recently my old version of Acrobat started to complain. I have since replaced it with PDF-Xchange Editor, which has been going well. Suddenly I noticed a change in eM Client…
Pdf Previews are now working! :tada:

Version: 9.2.2157

viernes 12 abril 2024 :: 1727hrs (UTC +0100)

What is your point?

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]

with PDF-xchange installed the pdf preview is working…

Yeah, it’s called a thumbnail preview, like you see in Windows Explorer. We have had them for some time, but it may have been an issue with Acrobat on your device, that’s why you didn’t see them before.

If you look at my screenshot above, you will see a proper preview which we will have in version 10. It allows you to scroll through the PDF file, and even zoom in.

1 Like