Upgrade vs. news license

a new license is $39.95 that includes three machines. An upgrade includes only one machine? Doesn’t seem right!

1 Like

They are different types of licenses. Pro licenses are normally for a single device only, or you can purchase additional devices if you want more. Personal licenses are something new. They can be used on uo to 3 devices.

1 Like

@Gary So other than device limit, what are other differences between the Pro licenses and Personal licenses? Could you please elaborate on that or provide some references? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

How is Pro License a different type of license…? Pro seems to just be changed to Personal now… the one time payment is exactly the same for Personal as Pro as well ($59.95). So Pro users should be allowed multiple devices with no other payment other than update for 10.

Our Pro license changes into two new options - Personal and Business. The Personal license can be used with up to 3 devices and the Business license can be used for any number of devices your company or organization needs. Both of these options have all advanced “Pro features” available as compared to Free license.

We received a lot of complaints on the available number of devices for single users in the past, since 2 or 3 devices are quite common for personal use nowadays - so that is why we changed the default paid Personal license to already cover 3 devices.

The good news is that the price is not going up - with the new Personal license, you are effectively saving up to 66% compared to the previous cost if you use more than 1 device!

They should allow all of us who purchased the Pro License to have 3 devices… I am waiting for an email to hear back from them as I am not able to use my Pro License on multiple devices still. If they are not honoring that and want us to pay again, then that will be the end of supporting and using this app for myself and I am sure many others.

3 Likes

Agreed! Thanks for reaching out to them and looking forward to updates!

1 Like

Pro license was changed to Personal… that is so wrong and does not make sense we are not allowed to have multiple devices and are required to purchase a new Personal License!

I was told I had to buy a new license… They want Pro users to buy the new Personal license they changed Pro to in order to use mutiple devices… so wrong. I have a forum post here if you would like to chirp in:

“Pro License” is now “Personal” EXCEPT previous Pro users must buy new Personal License if we want multiple devices. SO WRONG!

For now i assume this license mess was not thought through very well. If they refuse to treat pro licenses as personal, then I will not be pleased, considering i just paid €90 for a lifetime upgrade licence.
And yes, I emailed sales, requesting to fix this.

miércoles 04 septiembre 2024 :: 1855hrs (UTC +0100)

As you note there is a difference between the previous Pro and the current Personal versions, but this is not exclusively limited to the number of seats.

1./ The 3 seats are for Individual use and not to be shared with family or colleagues and that only one Personal version can be purchased qs it was not intended for multiple use, we were advised this when we requested a quote for 100 seats, further that we would need to purchase the Business version for that number, which was reasonable but not taken up.

3./ We are able to upgrade the Previous Pro version with no limit if we wish, we have not.

4,/ The Terms of Use state: “The Personal License includes the right to use the Software only for personal use, excluding any Institutional operations”, as are the previous and current Free versions though the Personal version can be used with unlimited accounts as noted on the pricing page comparison chart. At this time the original Pro License has no limits.

5./ Why did you pay €90.00 for Lifetime, I just checked and it is €70.00

Alvaro for skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

@Skybat,
My upgrade page said €90. Maybe they differentiate according to country?
(I certainly would gave preferred to pay €70, but it is done now).
Anyway, I was offered a transfer to personal licence and that is just what i wanted.