update issue

I can’t install 6.0.20522.0 it wants to install icewarp, where is emclient 6.0.20522.0?

Hi Steven, can you make a screenshot of this issue?
Are you sure you’re using eM client? What version are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Steven what version are you currently using? Can you send me an email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?
Carlos, are you having the same issue? Does the automatic update download the IceWarp release as well? Or are you just downloading the version from the above link?

Thank you,
Paul.

First, the new version doen ́t appear in automatic update. Second, I download the version 6.0.20522 from the link above and when I install it, the installation separates the IceWarp from emclient.
Thanks

Hi Carlos, that’s because it’s a different application and you’re not downloading the update for your version, please don’t download updates from this site… If you want to see release history and official updates to eM client, you can use this site http://www.emclient.com/release-history , all important updates should be pushed to you automatically, so you don’t have to worry about getting new versions elsewhere.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Hi, if you want to download new version of eM Client, please use this link (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20522/setup.msi), please don’t use the link previously mentioned on this forum topic.
All important updates should be automatically pushed to you, so you don’t have to worry about newest releases.

Also Steven, you had an issue while installing the update, are you sure you have the permissions to write into the temporary folder?

Thank you,
Paul.

I hadn’t thought it was a permission issue, so I tried running EM Client as an administrator.  The result was the same.  I will try the update link you provided and get back if it works.

Update link worked.  I am now running 6.0.20522.0.  Thanks!

Hi again Steven, glad it worked, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, the issue has popped back up with another update message:

When I click ‘download’, I get this:

Hi Steven are you using a proxy or a firewall on your computer?
If you download the version directly, does the update finish? http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20604/setup.msi

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi
I send a message to support because my emclient doesn ́t update automatically. I have version 6.0.20522.0 and in actualization nothing appears. I have lifetime licence and I ́m from Portugal.
Thanks
Carlos

Hi Carlos, did you submit a ticket on our support system? Or to [email protected]?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul
I submit a ticket (no 15653) to support@emclient,com.
Thanks
(I apologise for my poor english, I ́m portuguese)
Carlos

Hi again Carlos, if you already submitted a ticket, I’m sure my colleagues from the Pro license support department will take care of the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

I am not running a firewall or proxy other than whatever firewall windows does automatically.  The download link works fine. 

Hi Steven, this seems like an issue with permission to your Temp folder where the installer is saved while updating, please check the permissions to that folder.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

What is the default file path?  What is the name of the file?

Hi again Steven, not sure what do you mean by default file path?
The path to the Temp folder should be something like: C:\Users\Your username\App Data\Local\Temp

The installer’s filename is setup.msi

Thank you,
Paul.

OK I reviewed and it looks like permissions for the temp folder for Win 7 x64 Ultimate may be a common problem.  I copied the file to another location and it ran fine.  Now I changed the permissions to allow ‘SYSTEM’ to have full control of the temp folder.  I will have to wait for the next update to see if this works.  I hope this helps the designers of EM client, perhaps the update could put the file in another location that already has permission to run the file. Thanks to Paul for sticking with this, and pointing me in a direction where I learned something as well as solved the problem.