Unable to send as attachment from within Microsoft Word

Since uninstalling Outlook and installing EM Client, I’m unable to “File > Send To> Email recipient (as attachment)” from within Microsoft Word.
EMC is the default email client on Win7Pro/64bit.
Thanks.

Hi, are you seeing any errors while trying to use this option? If so, can you make a screenshot of the issue?
What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

There are no errors. the option is simply dimmed.
Using MS Word 2003, Win7Pro 64bit, latest version of eMc.
Thanks a lot.

What version of eM client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks.

Hi sorry, for my belated reply, I’m currently reviewing this issue with another customer and trying to resolve the issue with the developers.
I’ll keep you posted once I have more information or possible solution for this issue. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
Paul.

thank you. awaiting your solution…

I’ve got the same exact question (mine dimmed as well…Office 2007).  Is eM supposed to integrate with MS Word and be able to send directly from Word?   That would be a biggie for me as I do it multiple times a day (or from Excel, etc.). 

Hi, if eM Client is setup as default the mailto links in the system should automatically be able to open a window with the attached file.
If you’re having issues with using these we’ve find out the issue might be caused by missing .NET 2 framework on your computer.

Please install .NET 2 on your computer along with .NET 4 and this should work.

Thank you,
Paul.

hi. it seems to be impossible to install .net 2 on windows 7 64-bit. the earliest version would be 3.5.1.

mailto operations work OK, it’s sending from within Word that’s problematic.

" it’s sending from within Word that’s problematic"…

I also cannot send links directly from Internet Explorer…not sure if that’s supposed to be integrated or not as well. 

You should be able to install .NET 2 on your 64bit Windows as well… http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6523
Do you have the latest available version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

Thank you,
Paul.

When I installed it it said it was already installed as part of the operating system.

Should I try installing Net 4 too?

P.S.  I’m running IE 11.0.10

Well please try to install .NET 4 as well, but the issue seemed to be related to .NET 2 mostly.

Thank you,
Paul

NET 4 was already installed, but it seems to all be working well now.  I have outlook on my laptop too and I think maybe it shut off eM as default.  I restarted eM as default and it all works now. :slight_smile:

Tried both Word and IE and they both will send document/send link via eM now.  Does eM ever have windat issues or is that solely Outlook thing?  Will be glad to get rid of that by using eM!

Dear Paul,

I tried installing .NET 2.0 with the link you’ve supplied.

This is what i’m getting:

Hi again Andrew, glad you’ve resolved the issue and all is working well now, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.