Unable to restore from previous backup - function does not recognize .zip files

Issue: Drive that backups were on failed, was able to recover back up files that were in good places on the drive.
Replaced HDD with a new one and restored all of my data, using the same drive letter / path as previous install and copied the zips back into the location.

Run the restore process and get the errors below:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘N:\Outlook\backup_202203251844.zip’.
File name: ‘N:\Outlook\backup_202203251844.zip’
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(String backupFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<MainForm_Load>b__0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘N:\Outlook\backup_202203291844.zip’.
File name: ‘N:\Outlook\backup_202203291844.zip’
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(String backupFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<MainForm_Load>b__0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘N:\Outlook\backup_202203121844.zip’.
File name: ‘N:\Outlook\backup_202203121844.zip’

Files in question are there and I can open and unzip/read their contents, but the application will not.

This usually happens when the backup zip file in the database folder.

Move the backup zip file to …\Documents\eM Client\ then try the restore again.

1 Like

I was able to perform the restore and my data is there, however the issue (that I thought was caused by the bad HDD) imported back into the client. I lost the ability to authenticate to outlook.com and the client would not pull any new emails.

So basically I restored my email files and the problem is back. Is there a place where I can reset the account settings for eM client?

thx.

You can allways then go to “Menu / Accounts” in eM Client and remove and re-add your IMAP or Exchange EWS Outlook account via the normal automatic email wizard which will then normally automatically authenticate with the new Microsoft EWS (Exchange servers) otherwise you can manually setup Outlook IMAP or Exchange in Accounts with Other options.

Note: Usually the restore in eM Client with the correct recent backup.zip file will restore all your correct Outlook accounts and just login as mine do if I restore. Could be then the backup eM Client restore you used was possibly corrupted.

Ps When it’s all going again, make a new backup via “Menu / Backup” and copy that a couple times to other drives just in case. You can allways dbl-click the backup.zip files to see what’s in them and screenshot what’s there if any problems in the future with same issue. There is also an automatic period backup you can set to backup where you like via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” if you don’t like doing manual eM Client backups.

Update: So the email client crashed last night and I didn’t bother to TS as it was late and I wanted to sleep, however… the client did do something that I’ve never seen before when I launched it this morning. It when through an auto repair and integrity check that seemed to have resolved the authentication issue. I am now able to get my emails and send/receive. thanks everyone for your input on this matter!

Consider this issue resolved.

1 Like