Unable to empty trash basket of one account

Hello,
Free eM Client crashes everytime i want to empty the trash basket of one of my two accounts. This happened lately with 9.1 version but carries on with new 9.2.
I have saved my data base and accounts, then unistalled eM Client even uninstalling the DB, then re-installed and restored the DB, lost nothing but the trash basket of this account is still there and filled.
I can access every deleted mail in this basket no problem, only cannot delete any nor empty the trash basket.
I can also carry on deleting new mails of this account, but even the newly deleted mails in its trash basket cause eM Client crashing.
No problem at all with the other account.
What else can I do ?
Thanks !

Update : I have been able to transfer all the mails from the deleted basket to the spam folder and the deleted basket now works again as designed, but the deleted mails in the spam folders still make EMC to crash when trying to empty the spam folder.
So it seems to be related to those mails specifically.
Again what can I do to empty this folder without EMC crashing ?
Thanks for any help.

Unable to delete emails in the Trash folder.

I can access every deleted mail in this basket no problem, only cannot delete any nor empty the trash basket

First try going online to your “Webmail” and deleting the trash in the bin. Then close and reopen eM Client.

Failing that it could be a corrupted folder. Try right-clicking on the Trash folder and choose “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair” Tab at the top and lastly click “Repair”. That will re-sync the trash folder with the server. Then try delete messages in the trash folder again.

If still a problem and you have Windows, try the following eM Client repair via the command line dos window as per Garys post from the thread below.

Note:- Make sure eM Client is closed before running the below database repair command.

(@Gary post

https://forum.emclient.com/t/an-e-mail-in-trash-that-wont-delete/85789

“Close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt”.

Paste in this command:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dbrepair

Restart eM Client. Any undeletable messages should be removed

Try also going online to your “Webmail” and deleting the messages in the spam folder or clearing the spam folder online. Then close and reopen eM Client.

Failing that, try also “Right clicking the Spam folder” and then click “Properties at the bottom”. Then click the “Repair Tab” at the top and lastly click “Repair”. That will resync the Spam folder with your server.

Failing that “as per already advised above”, if you have Windows try running the database repair option via the command line with eM Client closed and see if that then fixes the problem.

@Cyberzork: Thanks for your help, I have run the /dbrepair command but no success, also I do not leave the mails in my webmail, they are downloaded to my PC and then erased on-line.
In the properties of my EMC mail folders there is no “repair” tag only the “general” one, maybe this is not offered to free users of EMC ?
I can live now with a corrupted spam folder but this is not very satisfying, I’d prefer having a clean mail Data Base :face_with_thermometer:

Ok then create a folder down in Local folders at the bottom left of eM Client called eg: Old mail and drag all your exiting email folders “except for the spam folder” down under Old mail. Once you are certain all your email is there, remove your old email account and re-add / setup as new.

Then once your account is re-setup, drag all your old email and folders back your new account.

Note: Backup eM Client before you do anything via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Operations”.

@cyberzork : Excellent, that did it, thanks a lot, my eM-Client DB is now in good shape again :+1:

Was also a very good opportunity to do some serious housekeeping :innocent:

1 Like