Unable to delete folder

I have 2 folders, one named “Archive” & the other “Archives”. I need to delete the “Archive” folder but it is “greyed-out” & won’t let me delete it. Suggestions, please!

Bill

Is the unwanted Archive folder local or online ?

If the Archive folder is part of your online eg: IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account, then close eM Client and go online to your webmail and delete the unwanted Archive folder online.

Then reopen eM Client and the unwanted Archive folder will be gone.

Is the unwanted Archive folder local or online ?

Both “Archive” & “Archives” folders are listed under “Local Folders” but “Archive” is “grey-ed” & cannot be deleted.

Both “Archive” & “Archives” folders are listed under “Local Folders

Ok. So did you originally create both folders ?

I’m not sure about “Archive” but I went to rename “Archive” to Archives" since it fit my needs more efficiently.

mmm you them may have enabled Auto Archive.

From reading other threads on this forum, this issue might be related to “auto archiving” if you have that enabled in eM Client settings ?. You can check if its been enabled via “Menu / Settings / Mail / Automatic Archiving”.

As Gary explains at the end of the post extract below, “You can’t rename the Archive folder”, but you can create a new folder within the archive and manually move selected files to that folder".

See @Gary post below from the following thread.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/how-does-auto-archive-work/77348

How does auto archive work?

Automatic Archiving moves messages based on age from IMAP folders to a local folder Archive. This is done on a schedule.

The destination is a duplicate of the folder structure on the IMAP server. So if the message to be archived is in the Inbox on the server, it will be in the Inbox in the archive. If it is in the Sent folder on the server, it will be moved to the Sent folder in the archive.

This does not create separate folders for each year, but simply duplicates the structure from the server.

You can’t rename the Archive folder, but you can create a new folder within the archive and manually move selected files to that folder. The Automatic Archiving will not add messages to that folder though

Gary said: “You can’t rename the Archive folder, but you can create a new folder within the archive and manually move selected files to that folder.” I was afraid of that! Wish I had been warned that I couldn’t rename the “Archive” file when I created the “Archives” file. Oh well, I just have to “live with it!” Thanks for your help!

Bill