today's hotmail issue

No help from emClient? I don’t see any authentication info when I look at my account settings. What’s wrong? (Probably time to ditch this app…?)

same problem here - i can log into hotmail no problem - i installed postbox and it worked perfectly with hotmail 

problem is emclient - i am using win10 and it updated earlier to 17763.379 - emclient was working perfectly before that - coincedence maybe but it looks to me as though Microsoft changed something - up to emclient to work out what

Same here . It’s definitely an EM Client issue

I deleted one of my accounts and then tried to add it again. There is no provision for entering a password? 

wandered round the main site and downloaded version 7.2.34959.0 - not sure what i was on before - i did think i was up to date

anyway something happened and hotmail is now ok

one I am using is 7.2.34711.0

Problem fixed with the update.  Thanks!

think thats what i was on - check for update found nothing so i assumed it was the latest - a post above had a higher number so that set me off looking - would be nice if the update reported worked!

The update (7.2.34959) does NOT delete any data, neither does any other of our updates. It simply applies a hotfix for the login issue.

See the announcement at the right side of the forum page. It’s an ongoing issue and workaround is available with an update.

See the announcement at the right side of the forum page. It’s an ongoing issue and workaround is available with an update. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we try our best to resolve the issue as fast as possible.

You don’t need to uninstall, a simple reinstall is enough and it will keep the data intact. It will ask to reauthorize the access to any Outlook accounts you previously used.

You can download the update directly from our site and reinstall it over existing installation. It won’t delete any data. We are sorry for the inconvenience and do our best to rectify the situation as fast as possible.

Please see the announcement on the right side of the forum front page. We issued an update to eM Client within hour of learning of the problem and we continue to work on getting things back in order.

It’s an issue that affects eM Client’s registration for access to Outlook.com / Hotmail accounts and it’s unrelated to Windows updates. We released a hotfix in the morning, more information is available on the forum front page on the right side.

Are you using the version 7.2.34959 (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v7.2.349…) released this morning? That’s the only one that fixes the authentication issue. Updating to it won’t delete any of your data.

Ditto–fixed it with the update.

Thank you all for your help.

I found two versions of emclient and an error during install. One was there when I booted up this morning. ooops.

@tony - We first posted the version here to allow people to mitigate the error as quickly as possible. Then we gradually started pushing it as update for people who registered a license with some Outlook.com address. We plan to roll it out for all users eventually, but we need to distribute the load and watch for any potential problems that show up.

Sorry for the inconvenience, again. We estimate the problem affected over 50 000 users and the logistics of handling such update within an hour are a bit tricky. The support team is currently overwhelmed as well and we are doing our best to handle the situation.