the headers take too much space

It’s not really a matter of “disagreement”. For some people, the headers take up too much space. They’re not wrong, it’s just their experience, which is valid, as is yours.

That’s exactly right. Just an option to make the headers smaller is all that’s needed.

Why is something simple like a check box to collapse still not done? This was first brought up a year ago!

You keep saying it’s so “simple”. Are you familiar with the code base for eM Client? Are you familiar with coding and building applications at all? I’m assuming no. What may seem like a simple option in functionality on the surface could be a huge undertaking behind the scenes. Give the devs some time to implement features and try not to trivialize their efforts.

I just want to assure you that all your comments and opinions are taken into account but we have a list of feature requests where each of them has some priority. Currently, this issue has lower priority then others so please be patient and give us some time. Thank you.

I understand that this is a lower priority but I would like to chime in and add that I would also appreciate this change.

eM Client meets every need exceptionally well. The kinds of solutions you have come with are simply fantastic and have taken the purpose of an email client to a new level. However, this one little thing is a complete and total deal killer. The unconventional headers stand out are simply unacceptable to send to clients. We can’t use this for email until this is changed. Please DO let us know when you have standard headers so my business can make the change to eM Client. This is such a fantastic program that I just can’t wait to put it to use.

We plan to make this change into the next major version so you can expect it in a couple of months.

Hooray & thank you - look forward to using EmClient instead of Windows Live.

That is fantastic news! Thank you for being so responsive. I will look forward to making the switch from Postbox over to eM Client. Very excited!

hmm That’s promising. Been using Outlook 15 w/ W8 x64 Pro.
Main nag was a workaround for an alert source. Had to sent alerts to gmail and forward to Outlook 15 program. Nearly everything else arrives fine. Outlook not the most user friendly of email packages but better than Tbird or Opera. Not to mention Twitter after today’s news hack.

exactly.

I guess it’s cool cause david withers likes it the way it is. great community discussion!

That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Isn’t it the customers that use the program. Jesus Christ what are we thinking.

“Couple of months” have passed long ago…ETA?

Hello,

ETA for 6th version is until end of autumn.

there should be options for classic, short and own design.

with regards
Jan

Outstanding… Thanks for the update Jan.

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

Have I missed the ability to toggle/collapse the header section in the latest eM Client v6.0.19690.0?

Jeff

we have reworked it a little, but more major changes are possibly planned into 7th version.

Jan

I agree with the idea that the header should be configurable - toggle between standard and compact. The setting should be remembered – when the user changes it, the style remains for every message read afterwards, unless the user changes it back.