Tasks are buggy

Hi again Mark, I’m sorry you feel this way, as I previously stated we’re working on resolving the issue.
Thank you for your long-term support, I’m sorry if this is causing any problems in your application, I hope we’ll be able to find a solution for this issue as soon as possible, I’ll make sure to send you an update once we do so.

Thank you and sorry for any inconveniences,
Paul.

I’d like to say that I agree completely that tasks are really broken in the product.  It’s really not that hard, and you have Outlook as a standard that’s been out there for over a decade, so why is this so broken?

When I create a task I expect it to remind me when I say, and if it’s recurring then of course I expect the reminder to happen every time the task is due, not just the first time!

And it seems like you have implemented recurring tasks as a set of tasks, with new ones being created when the last one is dismissed (or is it completed?).  But that’s wrong, a recurring task is a single task, with repeating due dates.

Given that this is an incredibly common use case (recurring meetings, payments, take out the trash…) I can’t believe it’s gotten so little attention.

The other thing that’s totally broken is the time settings.  Every time I create a task I have to go back and forth to get all the dates set how I want, since changing one affects the other, and you have this weird idea that a task should start by default at midnight and end at 11:59pm.  Who does this?  Isn’t it much more common for a task to have a specific time, one that we should set as a default?

Again, just take a quick look at Outlook.  God knows I don’t love everything about it, but they’ve made tasks very simple and with no surprises, which is the opposite of your implementation.

I second so. Has anyone found any kind of workaround yet? Otherwise I will start evaluating other products as this is a essential functionality for me. Sorry to say that, I really like the product overall, but without working tasks it’s simply not enough…

Hi, I am sorry this issue is taking such a long time to resolve, I’ve again reminded the developers about this issue and I hope the issue will be fixed as soon as possible.
There’s been slight change in the recurrent tasks in the past few weeks, however it may not be visible to all of you, reminder is still not kept for recurrent tasks as it should be.

Thank you for understanding and sorry for any inconvenience caused,
Paul.