Tasks are buggy

Thanks, that sounds promising. Any idea when the next update is expected?

Hi, not sure, I’ll try to keep you posted.

Paul.

Hi Paul, do you have an update for this task?  It’s been quite a while now and tasks aren’t usable for me.

Hi Mark, what version of eM Client are you currently using?

Paul.

I’m using 6.0.20154.0 and the software says that no update is available.

Hi Mark, sorry I didn’t keep you posted as I promised, I went through the issue again as I’m using the latest internal version, but unfortunately found out, there were some changes made to the behavior of tasks, but most of the issues you’ve reported are still occurring, I’m going to report the issue once again, and I hope a new fix will come soon.
Sorry it’s been taking so long…

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks for the update.  I understand and hope that a fix comes soon.  Tasks were a huge part of how I worked with Outlook, so I’m really missing them.

Hi Paul, any further news on this?  I would have expected a fix by now.

Hi Mark, I’m really sorry that this is still an issue, as I mentioned there’s been some changes, but the developers are still working on this and many other issues, I’m afraid I can’t speed up the process.

Paul.

Hi Paul, does this mean that there’s a major update on the horizon?  If so, do you have any idea when this will be?

Hi Mark, yes there should be one of the larger updates released quite soon.
I’ll check back with you then, if you’re still having issues with this.

Thank you,
Paul.

Excellent, thanks.

Hi Paul, I’ve installed the latest update, but am so disappointed to see that tasks are still not working properly.  Is this something that’s ever going to be fixed?  I’ve been waiting six months.

Mark as I mentioned previously this issue has been reported, developers are working on a lot of features, and fixing issues that has been reported, but it takes time, I’m afraid I can’t give you more information on when this will be fixed, I noticed that the recurrent tasks completely ignore the reminder once the first task is marked as done, this is quite a serious issue and I’ve been pushing for a fix, but as I said it takes time.

I hope you understand and thank you for your patience, but from my side there’s not much more I can do.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I appreciate the developers have lots of things to work on, but we’re talking about a whole section of the program being unusable and I’m surprised that this hasn’t been given more attention.

I will continue to wait patiently.

Hi Paul, do you have any further updates on this?

Hi Mark, unfortunately no news. The issue has been reported to the developers and is being worked on.
I wish I could be more helpful, but unless an update is released there’s not much to do, please keep your application up to date, even though I’ll try to send you any updates containing improvements for the task behavior.

Regards,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I loathe to be too critical in a forum, but it’s pretty poor that such a massive part of the program cannot be used and nothing has been done about it in the seven months since it was reported.  It’s disheartening and will make me think twice about purchasing any future versions, especially as you seem to be very disconnected with the developers.

Thanks, Mark.

I’m sorry you feel that way, I’d like to assure you, this has not been forgotten, however I don’t believe the feature is unusable but I understand you’re missing the reminder in recurring events.
Please note that developers are working on new features just as on resolving some mishappenings in the application, but there’s a todo list and it takes some time to get through all of them.

Paul.

It’s not just the reminders - the whole implementation of tasks is buggy, unreliable and not particularly usable.  It’s frustrating and you can’t trust what it’s doing.  I’m a developer and know that I would prioritise the fixing of an entire broken feature over adding new ones.

Thanks, Mark.