Takes forever to load an email directly from a windows notification

Hi.

It takes forever (felt time estimate) to load an email directly from a windows notification.
Is this normal behavior?
If yes, I wonder why…
And can I speed up this kind of behavior?

It takes at least 4-5 seconds to open the email.
If I’d just click into the eM Client’s main window, I could read the email immediately.

Thanks,
Olli

PS:
Yes, I have bought the full version.

1 Like

That is normal on my computers. It would be a Windows issue, not eM Client.

1 Like

Hi John. Thanks for your answer.

Finally, someone else confirms this. I told them about this years ago and they didn’t do anything about it. It happens to me daily.
I have a very powerful laptop with an i9-13980HX, 32GB of RAM, RTX 4080, and when I open a new email from a notification, it takes a few seconds as well. It starts with opening the window after a second or so, then it stays blank for a bit, then it won’t let me type even though I see some text, and then finally it lets me type.

This also happens when double clicking an email in message list from what I know.

The problem is when replying, so opening an email may be okay, but replying is when it slows down a lot.

The answer from John_A is poor. Makes no sense.

1 Like

It takes at least 4-5 seconds to open the email.
If I’d just click into the eM Client’s main window, I could read the email immediately

If you are reading emails “remotely” like with an eg: IMAP or Exchange account, the email can take a little time to load the first time. So 4-5 secs on average is normal as @John_A advised.

The next time you click on that same email, it should then be cached and load almost instantly.

However you can alternatively set the account in Sync Options to “allways download messages offline including attachments etc”. See my post in the below thread. It does take up more mail database space, but will speed up that process.

Great tip, thanks.
Sounds reasonable enough.
But:
This still doesn’t explain, why the email promptly displays in the main application’s window…

This still doesn’t explain, why the email promptly displays in the main application’s window.

Any delay to display email when you press on a Windows Notification “as opposed to being already directly in the application”, is usually normally to do with the OS apart from any hardware speed, as @John_A advised due to eg: when you click the Windows notification, the application has to load the program if it’s closed or even if it’s not closed and minimised, there will still be a delay to bring the mail client forward. It’s never going to be exactly the same speed.

Also if you eg: “have alot of programs already running resident in the background” on startup, that can also cause delays opening when clicking mail notifications. So there is many factors.

Thanks for elaborating this.

eM Client needs optimisation. There are obvious issues with email loading and replying. Clicking to reply and it takes 3-4 seconds to finally let us type doesn’t make sense.

Did you ever experience that issue, where replying takes time to actually let you type the first letters? Or, is your issue only with loading those emails? I get both.
No issues with other mail programs.

Clicking to reply and it takes 3-4 seconds to finally let us type doesn’t make sense.

I personally don’t get any delay waiting to type “after pressing the reply button on any email” using eM Client V9 or V10 on pc or mac with a eg: Midrange CPU, 8GB ram & a SSD drive.

So if this 3-4 sec Reply delay is only happening in eM Client and not with other mail clients in the same user profile, then “suggest to test with a new eM Client mail database” to determine if it’s a database issue or something to do with the OS or something running resident in the OS.

If it still has the same 3-4 sec delay to type when replying to an email, I would then try eg: creating a new user “local profile” incase of a profile problem. Sometimes profiles can get corrupted.

Also try eg: disabling all background user related startup programs “other than the basic OS startup items”, and then see if that then fixes the reply typing delay. If that then fixes it, you then enable those startup programs one at a time and reboot inbetween till you find the startup program that’s causing it.

Also sometimes eg: Corrupted video drivers can cause delays in programs, so also suggest to also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest video drivers for your specific motherboard or video card, and see if that then fixes the reply delay.

Lastly check for any possible hard-disk eg: errors or bad blocks where sometimes programs can delay “if a program hits a bad block”. So also do a scan on your hard-disk using the built-in OS tool to check for any possible hard-disk errors.

Yes, I experience this, too.
I can type even when it’s not ready and there is some input “recorded” and then “inserted” rapidly by the keyboard buffer or something, but I think some letters get lost in the process. Can’t remember exactly at the moment.

My wild guess is Windows 11. It has several issues like this in comparison to Windows 10. With my PC, I can’t imagine that’s the culprit.
I always know what is loaded, no other app has this problem, the PC is a gaming PC with plenty of power. It can’t be hardware- or performance-related with my setup. Also, the PC is pretty new, maybe 2 months or so old.
Nonetheless, for not so experienced users, the startup programs may of course always be a good point to start these kind of optimization endeavours.