Synchronizing Gmail Contacts Fails

I am getting the same error syncing my contacts as described in the original post. But I think I will hold on installing the update, as it appears it might introduce other problems. At least this one I can live with for now.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Why so I get the Synchronizing with contacts error messages.

Gmail Contacts Sync Error.

Gmail contacts sync failed with the following message:

MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’ failed with an error: Execution of request failed: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/conta… (

GData
invalidParameter
start-index
Invalid unsigned integer value: ‘-2147483648’.

)

I am using eM Client version 6.0.19861.0

Thanks for your help.

Gmail Contact Sync Error.

Hi there! I use eM Client, v6.0.19861.0, and all day today I’ve been getting an error message about how my gmail contacts cannot synchronize. It is a long message (fifteen lines of “xml-ish” code, from what I can see??), but it doesn’t seem to have a specific error code, just a bunch of programming mumbo-jumbo, and I can’t copy/paste from the error message field?

Hi, we know about issue from new update (the one for original contacts problem) and we are working on it.

Jan

GMail Contacts sync fails.

Contacts failing sync every other hour. I have 2 gmail accounts, and I’m simply swarmed by emClient errors while syncing. It happens every hour or so. Operaions window opens and the message states “An error occured. Synchronizing folder [email protected]/Contacts/ failed with an error: Execution of request failed:… (Invalid start-index)”. Every hour for both accounts. Really annoying. Though, the rest of emClient works really great!
Screenshot:

Please always use this topic for reporting issue with Gmail contacts, I will always merge them into this one if I will see duplicated issue report.

Jan

Thanks guys! Anything you need from us? Logs etc.?

Fantastic, that sorted the problem. I really can’t rate this program highly enough. I regularly recommend/instal on clients machines

I want to let you know that build 6.0.20008 does not fix this problem.

Furthermore, I cannot even paste text into eM. This is a major hassle.

I was really wanting to buy this program. I am in the first 30 days. I keep getting the pop up and selected free license. I got my free license key and I cannot even copy and paste this into EM.

I’m not angry but I am disappointed. I am going back to your last official build as the beta did nothing for me…made things worse.

I really wish you could just come out an say its google – because I will switch my emails to another provider. I realize some people here @gmail.com don’t have that luxury.

I was having the same problem as everyone else plus my emails weren’t sending but I changed my SMTP out port to 587 and that seems to have fixed it. hopefully this helps you. I am using version 6.0.19861.0

It seems like you guys (John Galis et al) have solved this. I’m not getting any errors and contacts are syncing correctly in both directions. Since there was no second update from em client, I have to assume there was also something happening on Google’s end. In any event, thanks and kudos to the em client team. As someone posted above, I’m convinced there is no better client to use with Gmail (mail and contacts) and Google Calendar.

Version 6.0.20025 resolved my issues with blank emails. Thanks guys.

Here too. This was handled quickly and effectively, and I am very grateful!

Let me add my thanks as well.

HI how did you get version 6.0.20025 ?
I have 6.0.19861.0 and when I hit Help/Check for Update I get a message telling me there is no update available.

Ive been wondering this as well... theres a link above so I`ve just been substituting the version in the URL: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.199…

so: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.200…

We pushed version 6.0.20025 to everyone who was using any of the pre-release versions linked above. There was a wide-spread problem in version 6.0.19999 and 6.0.20008 that caused some emails to appear blank, which we have resolved since then.

Version 6.0.19861 is currently the officially relased version while we work on the next update. Since Google has already fixed the problem on their side we delayed pushing the update to test it more.

I’ve got a similar error.

emClient 6.0.20025.0