Synchronization of iCloud tasks

Hi, I’m fairly new to eM Client and want to test it for 30 days. It looks really nice and suitable for my needs. However I’ve learned that it’s not possible to synch tasks from iCloud and em Client. Is this still the case? And if so - is there any hope that this feature might come in the near future?

martes 06 diciembre 2022 :: 1001hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @Parodia26 (¿De Verdad?)

Sorry I cannot answer your question directly, maybe this can help

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/icloud

Or perhaps someone else can.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

@Parodia26

I’ve learned that it’s not possible to synch tasks from iCloud and em Client. Is this still the case?

I know “Apple removed CalDav support” which affected tasks synchronizing from iOS13 & later devices, so could be that change by Apple also affected mail clients synchronizing tasks as well.

You would probably need to contact Apple to see if they are likely to again bring back CalDav support.

Thanks for your comments. However I don’t think that Apple removed the CalDAV-support. So there should be a sync between em Client and apple reminders.

Is anyone here who uses this feature? It would be really helpful!

I got a feedback from Apple. With iOS 13 Apple has called off the protocol WebDav which dealt with Sync from iCloud. This might cause problems with third party apps like eM Client.

Hopefully eM Client’s SW developer will react to this as soon as possible and enables sync of reminders in the near future.

I got a feedback from Apple. With iOS 13 Apple has called off the protocol WebDav which dealt with Sync from iCloud. This might cause problems with third party apps like eM Client

Have a look then at the following eM Client thread about synchronizing of iCloud tasks. There is post by @Gary at the end about upgrading the Reminders app via an Apple link that might help you with this sync problem.

Thanks! I didn’t see this. I will go on with this posting. Therefore this one can be closed. :slightly_smiling_face: