Sync EM Client preferences between two computers?

I finished setting eM Client on my home computer how I like it (calendar colors, view, columns, toolbars, fonts, rules, etc…) and now I want to install it on my work laptop and I don’t want to go through all the hassle to doing it all over again, is there a way to sync those settings (preferences) on to the other computer?

Backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” which creates a backup.zip file in your user profile documents folder. You can see where the folder is via "“Menu / Settings / General / Backup”

Once you have the backup.zip file install eM Client on the other computer, and the copy the backup.zip file to the same backup folder as your first computer and then open eM Client.

Skip the email setup wizard and then click “Menu / File / Restore” and select your dated backup which will then restore everything the same config and accounts etc as on your first computer.

If you then want to run eM Client on both computers at the same time, you will need either a second free or paid licence depending if your have a personal or business use email address.

3 Likes

Man! You have no idea how greatefull I am! I appreciate it!

Will this approach keep the preferences synced between the two computers? For example, if I update my email signature on one computer, will it sync over to the other computer as well?

@sstockfo

if I update my email signature on one computer, will it sync over to the other computer as well?

See @Gary post below from the following thread regarding synching signatures between two computers.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/keep-em-client-pro-in-syns-between-two-systems/75177

(Gary’s post extract)

“If you have a Pro Business License, using the License Manager you can sync many settings through our server. In this case the server is also the master, so if you change something on a client, it will later be overwritten by what is on the server. This is useful in a business environment where you want standard signatures across all or some computers, and is easily updated in just one place and then distributed to all nominated clients”