Support for Google contacts and improved support for Google calendar

I’m trying emClient as a possible solution to replace Outlook for my business. However, I have several calendars in Google Apps that I need to sync with emClient and can not get them to sync. When is the fix coming out?

OMG OMG OMG !! I WANT THAT !

I need that syncing with tasks, calendar. Also what about syncing with localendar? I keep a major calendar there and would love to pull it up with EM Client

When will contact sync be available? I use Gmail contacts as my contacts “hub” and all clients sync to it (mobile, desktop (Zimbra), etc.)… This is a must!

Can not sync Gmail contacts. I can import them but not sync them like Evolution does. Also, when they are imported it seems to truncate them to a certain character length. Please get this feature working. Otherwise I have had not problems with it. Outlook keeps crashing on Windows 7 x64 so I am looking for a replacement. Get the google contacts sync feature working and I will gladly pay the fee.

would like to see google contact sync then might use it. thank you!

Downloaded em client last week as a loyal outlook user. (my compliments)
Have android, outlook 2007 and google aps. Looking for outlook & google sync or new desktop mail client compatible with google.

em client could be an outlook killer imo. So I’m quite disappointe that ver 2.7 lach contact sync as suggested earlier.

Any idea when Google Contact Sync will be added?

i get the impression that sync’ing gmail contacts properly is not high on their agenda. it is the only real aspect which is holding this app back. perhaps they realise if they sort the syncing out, ppl would start taking the app seriously…

It is scheduled for next big release. We didn’t make it to 2.7 because of many other scheduled tasks. Google sync IS high on our agenda, but there are quite a lot requested features and improvements from our customers that needed to be targeted as well.

That’s great!

when is next ‘big releas’ pls, i am waiting for emclient able to sync my google apps contacts + calendars + tasks, its exciting.

Any progress with this Jerry?

Hi,
it will be available with the release of 2.8 version in the middle of December.

Regards

Yes! Now using Zimbra, but not fully pleased with it. Hopefully eMClient 2.8 will!

The release date has changed to sometimes in January 2011.

Version 3.0.9422.0 does not support two way synchronisation with Google calendar. I have many Google Apps accounts, but two accounts and the their associated calendars synchronise one way Server>Client.
Any suggestion or help.

I would also very much appreciate an update on this issue of Google Calendar sync. It has been several months since we were told this functionality would be available.

Can someone PLEASE clarify if this finally works in v 3.0?

Hi, It does not work with version 3.0.9543.0. One way only from Google.

That’s disappointing to hear, given their earlier assurances that it would be part of v 2.7 and 2.8, and now we’re at 3.0 and still not there. Still, can you point me in the right direction as to the instructions for how to set up one way sync from Google? I can’t find any information on that.

TIA