Snoozed Emails in Search Folders

I am a disgruntled Mailbird user, and am trying out eM client to run on a few machines. So far I really like what I see after a few days of setting up and tailoring to my workflow.
I have several IMAP accounts, both work and personal, and I want to select what appears in the unified inbox. I have read that isn’t possible yet so I have set up search folders.
Why do snoozed emails appear in my search folders? (I have one set up for the inboxes I want to monitor). Is there a way to stop them from showing in the search? If not a better way to monitor a selection of my accounts inboxes.
Thanks in advance of any help.

(Also now notice that’s these snoozed emails also show up in my mobile email apps - that’s feels wrong)

Why do snoozed emails appear in my search folders?

I suspect because they are still “part of your overall mailbox” so they will also normally be found in the search and you would probably have to do some sort of eg: exclude search snooze emails “to not show them in your search folders” but I don’t think that’s possible. However someone may know on this free forum.

Do the snoozed emails show up in the normal Favorites / Snooze folder at the top ?

Thanks cyberzork for responding.

Yes the snoozed emails show up in the normal favorites/snoozed folder. They do not show up in the All Inboxes favorite. I have tried looking for a search term in the search folders that could remove the snoozed emails.

The bigger problem I have noticed is that because of the way EM Client handles snoozed emails, so they remain in the inbox but hidden from it’s own main inboxes, it is incompatible with mobile email clients. Snoozed emails are still there on my mobile.
This is totally different to how gmail, spark and other email clients snooze emails.

What do other people do, who want to snooze emails and have mobile email clients?

What do other people do, who want to snooze emails and have mobile email clients?

Yes unfortunately the snooze function does not sync to other mobile clients or mail server web server GUI’s like eg: Gmail snooze menu at this stage, but will sync to “other eM Client” programs.

See @Gary response from the thread extract below when I queried snoozing to Gmail and Gmail mobile app etc from IMAP eM Client.

Quote Extract -

“The function is that the snoozed folder will sync between different installations of eM Client through the provider”.

“So if you snooze a message in eM Client on the PC, it will also be snoozed in eM Client on the Mac”

(eM Client V9 Beta Blog 2 extract on Snooze)

“Quote from V9 Blog on Snooze”

Snooze and Watch for reply status synchronization for Exchange and compatible IMAP servers
Snoozed and Watched emails will no longer be stored offline in eM Client only, you can get notified at the right time on any device

Thanks again cyberzork, for sharing your research into this. I think it means using snooze in eM Client is not going to work for my uses.

The extract you shared mentions ‘the snoozed folder’, but I am guessing this is simply referring to the favorites snooze button and no physical folder stored on the IMAP server. Hence my problem.

1 Like

I am guessing this is simply referring to the favorites snooze button and no physical folder stored on the IMAP server. Hence my problem.

Yes hopefully eM Client can eventually figure out a away to make the snooze mail work / store “on the IMAP server folder” as you say.