Query on updated Snooze feature in eM Client V9

Query on updated Snooze feature in eM Client V9

I see on the V9 Snooze features on the beta blog it says that - Snooze "will no longer be stored offline in eM Client only, you can get notified at the right time on any device !

However when i snooze an email in my Inbox under my Gmail account, the snoozed email still “only shows in eM Client snooze folder” under Favourites, and not in Gmail Snooze folder online or in the Gmail app Snooze folder ?

So doesn’t seem to snooze on (any other same acct synced device) unless Gmail is not yet supported.

Currently using V9 Beta for Windows 9.0.1097.

(eM Client V9 Beta Blog extract on Snooze)

Snooze and Watch for reply status synchronization for Exchange and compatible IMAP servers
Snoozed and Watched emails will no longer be stored offline in eM Client only, you can get notified at the right time on any device!

The function is that the snoozed folder will sync between different installations of eM Client through the provider.

So if you snooze a message in eM Client on the PC, it will also be snoozed in eM Client on the Mac.

Ah ok i see.

Ps Hopefully will be compatiable oneday as well with the current Gmail Snooze (if Google api allowed) using a single eM Client installation. So you could snooze it in eM Client sycned to your Gmail account.

“Or if eM Client gets their (own mobile app) :iphone: later” it could snooze to that which would be good too.

To prevent false expectations the sentence concerning the snooze feature should be modified (I suggested it here already).
If you read the information about the snooze feature e.g. in the blog post about eM Client you might think it would be available on ALL devices, even those without using eM Client like Gmail web client, smartphone etc. I thought so and it seems others as well. Unfortunately, it is not true.

As @Gary mentioned, it only syncs between “different installations of eM Client” on any device (= Windows or Mac as there is no eM Client available on other devices like smartphones etc). Please add this important information to the text!

Therefore, I kindly ask to modify the text in the blog like
Snooze and Watch for reply status synchronisation for Exchange and compatible IMAP servers
Snoozed and Watched emails will no longer be stored offline in eM Client only, you can get notified at the right time on other installations of eM Client on a Mac or PC!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like