Simplified master highlight color changer that does not require the "theme editor"?

The theme editor is pretty cool - and powerful… But it is slightly overkill given that the default theme is pretty much awesome now.

The only problem we seem to really have at this point is that it’s not easier to change certain highlight colors. An example is that in order to be more ergonomic with a more appealing user interface and less stark / eye piercing experience, it would be good to either:

1. Honor a system highlight preference in macOS or Windows and, importantly,
  2. Allow the user to simply define a highlight color.

This seems to have been kind of requested before: Theme editor, dynamic colours

But I believe #2 to be a very important differentiating component.

I personally do not want to use the macOS highlight color by default, but another color that is simply a dark blue for any normally orange interface items. This would have the advantage of still differentiating important highlights/areas of attention, while simultaneously being visually muted.

This is important, to me, because I have multiple monitors and eM Client is open all day and all night - every single day.

The orange is simply too much and jumping into the theme editor is a bit ridiculous / overwhelming when I simply want to change all of the oranges to another color.

Waiting for this to upgrade to version 10…

But if I find an app that does it before Emclient implements it (2 years it is asked without any answer), I would switch to a new app.